I promised myself I would make one hollow 9 blocks each week! In the color of the RSC21. Well, I nearly failed the very first week of purple! I did not even post last week.
I’m not sure why I’ve not been in the sewing room, except it’s COLD downstairs. I have to get Mr Busy to close the vent in the ceiling. Now that is done. As are 2 hollow 9s
I also promised I’d show you the 5th red hollow 9 patch block I made. Lest you think I cheated, here’s all five!
I did find some already sewn HSTs using purple. They were in a big bag of fabric from my ex DIL.
She had good intentions, but her life was going through some changes and she quit sewing. They needed a bit of redoing. So I trimmed them down to 4”. Then this. Originally I had planned on mug rugs or side table mats for the purple month. But now I like these pinwheels. So I’m dithering! Should I add two more and make a mat for my plant table? Or just add some borders and make 3 end table mats? Hmmm?
No Geese Migration blocks will be done in purple! It’s time to get that quilt put together! And I finally got the directions for the purple semi colon, straight in my head. And during a trip to JoAnn’s, for batting and a couple of project boxes, I found some white on cream to supplement the background for Full Stop! More on that next week, I hope.
I’ll link up with Angela’s ScrapHappy Saturday read a few other links, then I’m back to the sewing room! June’s almost 1/2 over!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



My downstairs is cooler than the main floor, too, but this time of year that's welcome! (No A/C here!) Those purple pinwheels are going to turn into something fun, I bet!
ReplyDeleteHollow 9 blocks collection are growing well.
ReplyDeleteThose pinwheel purple blocks will be great for a table topper, Judy.
Have a wonderful weekend.
My sewing room is the coldest room in the house too, which will be good for summer! I love pinwheels. I vote for a topper!
ReplyDeleteI'm not that fond of batting shopping either...not fun like fabric shopping that's for sure. Meanwhile, lovely purple blocks and I like how you are playing with the possibilities. Any mats that result will be so pretty.
ReplyDeleteGreat job recycling the purple HSTs. Whatever you decide to do with them will be perfect. I love the hollow 9 blocks, too. I used to sew in the basement, which was always cold, but the last kid moved out and I got her room upstairs.
ReplyDeleteThe pinwheels would make a nice picnic cloth for a table or the lawn. Nice work there
ReplyDeleteFabulous fabric in those Pinwheels, Judy!! Glad you were able to catch up on your Hollow 9-Patch blocks, too.
ReplyDeleteHollow nine patch blocks are lovely, and what a great find rediscovering the pin wheel blocks.
ReplyDeleteOh, the Hollow 9s are so cute. Sorry the ex-DIL had to put sewing aside but YAY for your score! As an added YAY, good for you to put the scrap bag to good use!
ReplyDelete