Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 17, 2021

I LIKE Thursday #48

I LIKE Thursday!


I’m back again, sharing some good stuff in my life. There is one example of not so good, but it will be alright in the big scheme of things! This list includes some things that are not necessarily quilting or crafting related.


We had horrendous wind and 91 degrees one day last week,  This pot sits up against the garage, so I mistakenly thought it would be OK! The wind just shredded the poor tender petunia blossoms. I pinched them all back, and they will be fine.




 I like how it’s looking. Dark maroon spikes in the middle for the “thriller”! All white petunias for the “filler”, and dark almost black sweet potato vine for the “spiller”!
All in a white pot! A few more weeks it should be wonderful! 





I got the Covered in Love blocks in the mail! And yes, I recycle padded envelopes. It was still in good shape and if it’s good enough for Quiltville, it’s good enough for me!







I found this on Facebook! It spoke to me! How our lives have changed in the last 15 months! Mine personally too! And life really is all about change and accepting the fact that things will not be the same!






The petunias are planted in the bed next to the porch! This is my view while I have my coffee in the morning! It’s been nice enough to sit outside before Mr Busy gets up. It’s  my favorite time of day!




This little deck box is on our small front deck….we call it the front porch!  Filled will Mr Busy’s favorite color!


And on the other side of the “porch”. More petunias and the closest bed is strawberries! 



June 14 was Flag Day! I am always grateful for the privilege to fly the Stars and Stripes and thankful that Mr Busy attached the bracket to the porch years ago. 



The photo below is one that was in some of my sister’s things. It’s a picture of our Dad, my sister on the left and me in the middle. My dad started his own business in 1950, he was pretty proud of this truck. 
I was 4 yo and my sister 18mos.  I ❤️ This photo! Happy Father’s Day in heaven, Dad!



Hop on over to LeeAnna’s blog, Not Afraid of Color , to check out the other bloggers who share their likes!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 





8 comments:

  1. Oh Judy! I love that photo of you with your Dad and sister! That's a wonderful photo and so full of joy! I enjoyed seeing your photos of your gardens, so pretty! You're right, the potted plant will be all healed up and pretty before you know it. I do agree with your quote as well. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty! I hope the white pot itself didn't break - I bet the flowers will come back for you. Fun to see old pictures like that! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE that truck photo!!! Americana for sure... I do not like change much as it seems to be for the worse all too often but I do like variety. Your beds are so tidy and pretty at the start of the season, ready to bloom abundantly. I like petunias but can't seem to have them thrive, they get leggy. This year I ordered some gerbera daisies but they are not flowering at all. what's the secret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your petunias and I am jealous of your strawberries. Mine have been in a grow bags for 3 years now, and something is eating the leaves. I think I know where I will plant them, any left after this summer next year. Otherwise I will start brand new. What an awesome pic of you and your sister and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers in your garden! That truck photo is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture! I just love old pictures and I'm cracking up at the phone number. Only 4 digits! Ahhhhh, the good old days! Ha! Your flower beds look wonderful. Had to laugh since I am right this very minute sitting on my deck with a cup of coffee, trusty dog at my side, and I'm reading blogs. It's getting on to 6am and it is one of my favorite times of the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pot of plants is beautiful! I look forward to its progress. Those are interesting flower/plant beds. Are those blocks anchoring the corners? What a wonderful photo. I have old photos from my childhood where I'm smiling just as happily as you are - good times. We recycle padded envelopes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful photograph!! Treasure it. Meanwhile, lovely likes so love to see our flags flying. I really like that saying cause I think on many levels it is true. Now how much time do you get for yourself in the morning? I have exactly the same thing going on here. ALways up before Tony so sometimes I get a couple of hours before he appears and yes, I enjoy it very much. :)

    ReplyDelete