 |
| I LIKE Thursday “ |
Good Morning friends! Here it is Thursday again! And it’s our opportunity to share likes and good things in our lives. A chance to be grateful! I’m joining friends at LeeAnna’s blog Not Afraid of Color, to share this morning!,
I like bright socks! This year I found some really colorful short ankle socks. I wear them in my “house shoes”. A pair of skechers that I wear just in the house! I can’t do barefoot anymore!
When I do hand binding, I still like this little do-dad I found in my mother’s craft things. A piece of lumber, 1x4, cut about 6 inches in length. It’s actually covered in wood colored contact paper! There is a dowel painted red and inserted near one end. It hold most spools of thread. It’s so handy . The pincushion sitting on it, is a creation of The Joyful Quilter. Just peeking out at the bottom of the photo is a vinyl bag made by a friend, that holds some Wonder Clips! It’s great to have these handy helpers when I’m stitching on the front deck in the morning or on the back deck in the afternoon!
A friend turned 60 last week! Another friend and the birthday girl’s sister, hosted a surprise celebration. A birthday brunch! All pink and white decorations! Pink mimosas, brunch food, flowers in shades of pink covered her deck. There were even party favors!
Little bottles of White Zinfandel wine, and Apple Juice for the non drinkers!
.
Again my porch petunias are thriving. Another couple of weeks and they should be even better!
Of course, Sunday was Father’s Day and the Summer Solstice. I hung my Summer Banner in the stairwell!
I found this on an email I did not sign up to receive. It's just quotes of the day. Most are good, this one just struck me as so true! You sometimes just have to look for the light(the good). And it's a happy yellow!
I also received a Thank You gift from Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for participating in the H2H ( Hands 2 Help) Comfort Quilt Challenge.
I’m especially interested in the Elizabeth Hartman Dinosaur Sampler quilt!
And a surprise on my porch on Wednesday!
 |
| An envelope on my deck chair |
 |
| With a Thank You card inside |
 |
| And this beautiful deck box of impatients! |
From our neighbor.
That will have to end this photo heavy post! Log on to Not Afraid of Color and see what good things are happening in other places.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy
isn't it nice to get together now with friends and family when we are all vaccinated!! I get to see most of my family for the first time in almost a year and a half in another two weeks at a reunion.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Oh gosh, I never could do barefoot. Tender foot - that's what everyone always called me. My problem now is that I can't keep my slippers on - they get too big when I wear socks with them. First world problems, I guess. Well, that spool holder of your Mom's is pretty darn nifty as are the wonder clips. I use them all the time. Your petunias look so lovely - I love red in flowers. They are filling in so nicely! Aww, what happy mail - the dinosaur patterns looks fun - and what nice neighbors. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteI have indoor Sketchers too and even though for many decades I could go barefoot in the house, I can't anymore.
ReplyDeleteLovely get together and gifts too. Generous and kind. I do like that quote too.
You found so many things to like this week, Judy! I enjoyed them all. That's a cool thing for using when you're binding. Do you just thread your needle, leave the thread on the spool, and keep going and going? :) Love your summer banner! Great thank you gifts from both Sarah and your neighbor, too.
ReplyDeletea pink party with pink wine? yea!!! I need one of those, and to be 60 again, heh heh. Never thought I'd hear myself think/say that phrase. I LOVE bright socks too, go barefoot in summer though
ReplyDeleteLove the bright socks. That dinosaur quilt looks cute!
ReplyDeleteYou must have been one good neighbor to get such a lovely thank-you surprise. I've been looking for those porch/deck railing planters. Guess I'll have to browse Amazon. That dinosaur pattern caught my eye right off too and those socks are quite the fashion statement! *wink*
ReplyDelete