Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 24, 2021

June OMG Finish

 



My OMG for June was to get my Geese Migration blocks to the flimsy/quilt top stage! It’s been a long time coming. I made monthly color block in 2020! Angela usually give us 10 months of colors, leaving the last 2 months to build a quilt or add dark and light neutrals. In 2020 I made 18 blocks. So in 2021 I knew I needed at least 7 more. There are 25 10” finished blocks in this one. Then in April, I decided to put it on the design wall to make sure they made a cohesive balanced quilt. 

I need 2 more blocks, preferably a coral like pink and a rusty orange red. A trip to the quilt store for solids in those colors was necessary. So, 2 blocks done! 




Then it was time to cut setting triangles and sashings. I read the directions, and read them again! Then again! I’d never done an on point quilt! I printed out the coloring page provided in the pattern. That helped me see the steps!

Back on the design wall and a panic comment in Sunday, Oh Scrap party. Cynthia Brunz, the designer, assured me the triangles were not too big! Just big enough to allow for proper aligning! Other quilters chimed in and built my confidence! 




I kept going! Slow and steady, pinning intersections and pressing sashings!

 And Voila 


Rainbow Geese happened! I am so pleased. 


This photo is a West to East configuration! 



And this one is South to North! 





Though it’s hard to pick a favorite block, this one might be it. There are scraps of fabric used in both my great granddaughter’s baby quilts. And there is pink from a pillowcase I made just for me and pink from Breast Cancer Ribbon pins made for a Relay for Life team! 


Rainbow Geese is now a quilt top!    So my goal has been met and has exceeded my expectations!  I’m linking with: 

                                    Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - June Finish Link-up



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 







13 comments:

  1. this is soooooo good! I love how you chose colors and pieced it. Makes me want to do one... of course I am just now finishing up two improv geese quilts but you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely rainbow quilt top, Judy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a beautiful job setting those blocks! Yay! I LOVE the look of Geese Migration and need to put my blocks on the design board to see how things are looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! Yippee for the fabulous job on reaching your goal. I love everything about it. I am particularly fond of the pink block myself. That's one of the best parts of using scraps - you get to revisit earlier projects in the bits and pieces. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, that is gorgeous! Way to go on getting through the layout and quilt top construction, too! What did you use for the background fabric? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on meeting your goal for the month, Judy! Getting an on-point set quilt top together can be a chore. Happy quilting (or will you be "quilting by check" on this one?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Judy - It looks amazing! You really did a fantastic job with the colors in your blocks and the placement in the final layout. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Phone: +1 719 629 0982


    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing amount of work! It turned out beautiful! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the combination of blocks. The sashing and setting is terrific, too.

    ReplyDelete