This is the first QAL I have participated in. Unlike some other participants, I was drawn to this one because of the original colors Sandra chose.
This the printed page from the pattern in Modern by the Yard, Bernatex's ezine! Issue 15 if you are interested in looking at it.I don’t have a large selection of solids. I’m working on changing that. But I did have a piece of aquamarine purchased for a Noah’s Ark baby quilt that didn’t make the cut. It was just the right amount for the baby quilt size. I pulled fabrics from my stash. First the purple, then the orange. Then I remembered a stack of fat quarter solids in a project box waiting, waiting for a version of Bright Birches by Amanda Jean Nyberg. So I pulled a dark turquoise. A quick shopping trip and I had a start!
Background was added and borders auditioned. My shadow are above the arrows! Cause that's how they happened!
Final bundle. Ready to be delivered to the long arm quilter. She’ll get it Thursday. I told her I’m in no hurry! It would have been great to have it totally finished, but when you rely on another quilter, schedules happen.
I’ll link this up at Sandra’s party at mmmquilts.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy


I think your version of FYOP turned out beautifully, Judy! I really love the background fabric you chose. I was drawn to that rainbow of arrows in Sandra's version, too! I'll enjoy seeing how yours gets quilted!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Love that soft minky backing too. Very nice finish!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, Minkee backing would be great! Nice finish!
ReplyDeleteI do like your bright and cheerful colours & wow, that orange minkee is going to be brilliant. Would love to see how it is finally quilted. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Love, love, LOVE your version. And ORANGE Minky for the backing. Oooh, how lovely and fabulous that will feel. Makes me want to make another version and back it like yours. Your finished quilt top is fun and fabulous. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt and great color choice for the back.
ReplyDeleteI love all your gorgeous colours in this quilt! And YASS! For orange Minky backing. I can't wait to see it once it's all quilted. And not to worry, flimsies and finishes are both welcome in the parade and qualify for prizes! Thank you Judy, for joining in with my QAL!
ReplyDelete