Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2021

RSC21 ScrapHappy Saturday! Finishing Up Red

 


Today is the last Saturday for red sewing. I’m going to sort of cheat here. It’ll be a recap! I’ll link up with Angela at ScrapHappy Saturday!

There were hollow 9 patches and a promise of one more. You’ll have to trust me that the 5th one will get done. 


There were red exclamation point blocks. 


There was a red crumb table topper



And there is dark red binding going on a quilt! 


This week I wanted to organize my solids. I never had very many, but in the process of making Geese Migration blocks, I added some fat quarters and chunks of solids will no real place to keep them all together. That project had me cleaning out a few drawers of my mother’s small sewing chest of drawers. That kind of put me in a melancholy funk! So I sorted, and shuffled for 2 1/2 days with no sewing accomplished!  

Tomorrow is our youngest granddaughter’s birthday and that always makes me feel old. She’ll be 28. We used to call her Hollywood when she was little. She loved to pose for pictures. She was in a wedding a couple of weeks ago and there was quite the photo session happening! 



So that was my week! Monday we will drive to SD to decorate our parents graves. We are the only ones close enough. It doesn’t seem like  people do that much anymore, but it was important to their generation. So we will make it happen. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 




10 comments:

  1. I love your crumb table topper. It's such a good idea to make a round one. I have an oval table, and you've just given me an idea for next month's challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your round table topper is awesome, Judy - such a fun idea! How did you get it so perfect? I have a small round table, so now you've got me thinking. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little scrap crumb table topper. Ivani made placemats from her crumbs, and between you two, the crumb solutions are really flowing! Your granddaughter is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your round crumb toppers are really fun, Judy. all the color shades just make them glow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday hollywood!
    that round topper is super!!! Reminds me of some joke,.. round tuit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the round red table topper! I know what you mean about the graves, too. Sometimes it's nice to have an occasion just to remember them, though. Hope you remember some happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes I don't think attended to the cemetery plots are important anymore to a lot of people - nice that you can go - we just want our ashes scattered - less expense! what can I say I think about cost :)
    your granddaughter is beautiful and a poser indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your beuatiful granddaughter.
    I really love your circular crumb table runner, so bright and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorting and shuffling is good, I need to do that. I've not thought about separating solids, but I think it's a great idea.
    Your granddaughter is beautiful!
    My niece (nephew's wife) spends money every year making flower decorations for our parents' graves in Oklahoma. She is a special person to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous granddaughter! I think that's great that you continue to decorate the graves. Memorial Day is a time for reflection and what better place than a cemetary.

    ReplyDelete