Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2021

I LIKE Thursday #45





 I’m joining friends at LeeAnna’s  blog, Not Afraid of Color ,to share some good stuff, some gratitude and even a bit of not good stuff with a positive outlook!


Last week the flowering crabapples were looking good! This beauty belongs to our neighbors across the street!



Last Thursday, my stitching group met at our library! Their trees looked good too!



A quilting/ stitching friend had a mishap! She is a Consumer Sciences teacher at one of our high schools. The class was making candy and she was helping a student pour the hot candy from pot to a sheet pan. Her hand slipped and went into the hot candy, 2nd degree burns! The left hand touched the pot. I haven’t seen pictures of her left hand. She reports that it’s feeling ok! Since she is off work, she and her husband are visiting family in Minnesota. She’s one tough ranch girl/teacher/ mom and new grandma. I’m glad she doing better!




I’m glad Mr Busy knows how to fix stuff. My shelf dumped my baskets of scraps. He built my shelves back when, so he has the knowledge to fix and hopefully improve the shelving system! 



My SIL and brother are in Minnesota helping out with talking care of grandsons. Mom and Dad go back to work and new baby doesn’t have a daycare slot til first of July! Big brother likes to help grandma bake. They made cake pops! Even dad got in on the act! Probably eating, not so much baking! Although, both of my nephews are happy cooking and helping out in the kitchen. 



Aside from the fact we are getting some rain as I type this on Wednesday afternoon, that’s my gratitude post! 







Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 





10 comments:

  1. Oh the flowering trees are lovely. Oh that burn! Some burns are so much worse, like candy, puddings. Hope she recovers and heals quickly. Making cake pops sounds like a fun time. I love seeing kids in the kitchen learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is always so nice when grandparents can drop everything and go help out grandchildren. Ouch on that hand no fun for that person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blooming trees! They've been pretty around here this year, too. No fun for your friend, the teacher. Hope she is able to sew - that is, of course, the *most important* thing! So glad your hubby was able to fix up your shelf, too. Have a great day, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful family to help each other out and happy looking too.
    Several neighbours have those trees as well...one a row of the pinks and I keep forgetting to get a photo. Spectacular really.
    Oh my gosh, I used to make candy and popcorn balls, etc...always afraid of that mixture...it sticks as well as being very hot. Poor hands! It's wonderful to have a hubby who can fix things...my first husband could not and we used to joke we had to call someone to change a light bulb for us. He was an academic and made fun of himself so all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. other than the hand... what a great post - all sorts of good things going on!! and While Mr Busy was ficing the shelves did you sort thru the fabric and find a new project haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Cake Pops!
    Prayers for the burn healing, looks awful

    Baking with Help in the kitchen is one of the best ways to make memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! Today is an awesome day, for sure. Aren't the crabapple trees just the best?! I have one and I'm amazed at its beauty every day and year. What excellent helpers for the cake pops! It looks like they were delicious so the helpers were rewarded with a good treat. I'm so glad DH could step to the rescue and fix your shelf. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch - candy burns are awful since it sticks! Licking the spatula is one of the best parts of baking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful trees! I'm so glad your husband is so handy! Hoping your friend heals quickly! Yes, licking those spatulas are the best - I still do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, we are all needing more rain this year. I hope you got enough to hold you over until the next rainfall blessing. Love those blooming trees. Meeting with your stitching sisters is a great plus these days.

    ReplyDelete