Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 28, 2021

Table Scraps Challenge for May/Red~

 



First you find some red scraps, leftovers from another project. 


Then you think Patriotic, cause Memorial Day is May and July 4th is coming. This from another project. Added pieces to make a backing for a pillow , then abandoned. 

What do you do when you cut pieces wrong for the Exclamation Points for Full Stop Sampler?  Add them to the crumb scraps, of course. 

Did I get a photo of the crumb slab.....nope!

Did I get a photo of the process to cut the circle....nope again. This little table topper is intended for the small round glass topped table beside my deck chair. I turned it upside down on a piece of poster board. Drew around it with a sharpie and cut it out!  Ragged at best. But then I used that poster board circle to cut the circle after I had quilted the sandwich with my go-to stitch, serpentine #4 on my Bernina. 

Then I watched a video on how to fold a piece of fabric for a bias binding. Did I get a photo?  Nope!
But it went swimmingly and then I attached on the "back" and handstitched it down on the "front".


Now it is done, and it fits on the table on our deck. 

This was intended to be the front. And I will use it as such for most of the summer. 



But the back is pretty darn cute, so for Memorial Day, July 4th and even Labor Day I will use this side!  So a  win-win!  A reversible, usable table topper! 

I'm linking up to Table Scraps Challenge over at The Joyful Quilter.  Check out the others. This linky party will be up the whole weekend to add your creations!  


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



9 comments:

  1. Love your round table topper! It came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! You beat me to the round table topper project! I've got one to make, as well. Not this month. Your RED circle topper turned out SEW perfectly for your table, Judy! Thanks for playing along with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now that is just so adorable--great work on that table topper..perfect for the Summer Holidays...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely circle table topper Judy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I really like your round crumbs topper, both sides are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cute! Good going, using up all those bits and pieces from other projects. Looks fabulous on your deck table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this post, and just realized you explained everything about how you made the circle! I think it's great that you made this topper double-sided, too. You'll get a lot of use out of this one all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you little table topper, any idea where to got the little center piece and what the name of the line it is from?

    ReplyDelete