Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 22, 2021

May 22 , Some Red and Some Baskets

and 



  I promised myself I would make at least one hollow nine patch per week! Here is the 4th one! With the 3 from last week. 




My exclamation points got pinned to the design wall in the hallway! They are not sewn together. I’m going to have to get a different background fabric and nothing in my stash works.



As I was putting the borders on Follow Your Own Path yesterday, an accident happened! I didn’t get a photo then. But here is what part of my shelf unit looks like today! 



I mean, I wasn’t even near it, it just broke! So a trip to Menards’s is on the agenda today! The little plastic doohickeys that the shelves sit on, failed! 




They will be replaced with metal, but first the plastic bits embedded in the holes will have to be drilled out! Enter Mr. Busy! And before that can happen, the floor area must be cleared! Oh bother! 


The drill is doing its job and we found metal support brackets in the kitchen junk drawer!


You can see what I'll be doing the rest of the day!  I'm linking this post up at ScrapHappy Saturday. Not lots of red scrappy-ness. But you do get a look at my scrappy baskets and the messiness that happened.

And I guess I will link up with Cynthia's Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework. 


 Because I may have uttered a version of that when my shelf of baskets fell!  "giggle" 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



5 comments:

  1. Oh no on the shelf falling! I hope your scraps didn't turn into too much of a mess. We love Menards! Closest one is in Cheyenne, but there's also one in N Platte where our son lives, so we go wander around in there whenever we are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure you didn't have it too heavy with your stash LOL - I understand what you mean really - those plastic pieces do not hold up to time I had one break in the pantry once - luckily nothing in glass jars but a lot of cans! We like Menards also and stop occasionally when we are traveling to look and see if they have something we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I'm glad Mr. Busy solved the problem. Your red blocks are beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's not fun! I think you have to do something with your stash! :) Glad Mr. Busy fixed it. Beautiful red blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emphatic RED exclamation points, Judy. Shelving disaster! Wonder what caused the failure? It doesn't look like there was that much weight on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete