Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 25, 2021

June..Purple..Table Scraps Plus an almost finish

 


The June color for RSC21 was selected. It’s purple! I have lots of purple scraps! And I have some donated purple yardage! What kind of table cover should I make? In the process of going through some totes and bags I found some purple ,white and black triangles and some larger pieces. They had been in a bag of fabric given to me by my daughter in law about a year before she and my son divorced! I’m not sure what she had started to do. There was a magazine included with the fabric. Dated 2003



I think she may have wanted to make this:


But the triangles had been cut and in the bag for several years. Twelve were sewn together with black thread. That made me cringe and they were wonky. So I took them apart carefully and then carefully sewed the bias edges back together. Then used my Eleanor  Burns ruler to trim then down to a consistent 4 inches unfinished. 



Have I mentioned before  how I love this ruler?

Sewed them together to make 3 pinwheel block! 7.5” unfinished. I like them! 




Should I just make 3  small table mats?  Mr. Busy mentioned one day, that I should make a runner for my plant table. The table is low, narrow and custom built by my late brother-in-law. Guess there is my answer. So I sorted the rest of the fabric by color . 




There were lots of large white and purple triangles. So I paired them up and made 2 more pinwheel blocks! The blocks were 7.5”  I laid them on the plant table. (oops, no photo of that).  The area for a runner is approximately 10.5 X 44. I scribbled a little diagram. Did a bit of quilty math and figured it would work. 



Some purple borders and white cornerstones, because the WOF  strips weren’t 44” and voila! A skinny table mat! 


Next, I sewed some scraps of batting together to make a long skinny piece. Then went diving into the yardage totes. 



Printed patchwork. But the colors are right and it's OK for a backing. 


I quilted serpentine stitch along all the edges of the white pinwheels. It gives them a sort of scalloped look. Or raggedy, which ever! Then I found this big enough lavender floral for a binding. It's just right in my opinion. 

An evening on the front deck with needle, thread and a glass of wine sprintzer and it was done. 



A photo from above with my granddaughter's sickly aloe vera. I may have killed it! 

From the front, sitting in front of our southern exposure picture window.   I like it a lot. I may go back and make some matching side table mats.  It makes a pop of color in my mostly brown living room. I have sage green walls and who doesn't love green and purple together?


I'm linking up firstly with Joy at The Joyful Quilter for her last weekend of the month linky party. I am loving this Table Scraps Challenge! 

               



Then I'll link with Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday. And add another almost finish. I haven't had any finishes in awhile. 

And my June OMG is a top/flimsy!  This was a struggle but happily there were no tears shed, no four letter words uttered!  You can see my complete post here, if you haven't already seen it linked up at Patti's blog, Elm Street Quilt. 




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy






14 comments:

  1. I love it!!! A double finish!! that table runner is beautiful and it fits so nicely!!! go you!!!

    And Geese Migration is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that purple with the swirls, Judy! The pinwheels turned into the perfect runner for that table. I can see more of those in your future, in different colors, for different seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty table runner--it's the glass of wine that helped you to finish hahaha..The Geese are amazing--nice work hugs Julierose (Prosit!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty PURPLE runner for the June 2021 Table Scraps Link Party, Judy! I'm SEW glad that you are enjoying the challenge. Off to read the post about your gorgeous OMG...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you took bits and pieces of this and that and came up with a spectacular table runner for a plant table with a sorry looking plant on it. Maybe the table runner will perk it up a bit!

    And congrats on that stunning Geese Migration top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy I love your purple runner. Well done! It is perfect for the plant table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Phone: +1 719 629 0982


    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple table runner is perfect your plant table! Beautiful! Love your Geese Migration too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used up those pieces given to you. I keep thinking I'll use some beautiful batik triangles but so far nothing has happened on that front. Hum .. I have a plant tea cart. Perhaps I should follow your lead and make a table mat for it... Your finish looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your OMG quilt is so pretty and happy looking. Pinwheels are so classic and classy, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to create something from "found" stuff in your stash! Loved the story, and the finished runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table scraps runner is great! It fits your plant table perfectly! (❤️ that table! I so need one like it!) Your RSC quilt is great! I like how it is on point although setting triangles can be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fitted runner for the table is wonderful. Also the fact that you used scraps- especially someone else’s scraps, double win. Hope the plant recovers.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your table scraps challenge quilt and an OMG flimsy completed! Beautiful job. I loved watching that one each month grow.

    ReplyDelete