Well it’s finally finished! Quilted, trimmed and bound. The only thing left is a gift label and to package it up and get it sent to Vermont!
A better look at the quilting from the front!
The glamour shot!
The best corner! Normally I don’t have trouble with the corners! I sewed this with a 3/8th seam allowance at the recommendation of a friend! I measured the corner, stopped at 3/8 and did my usual . But it definitely was not good!
I’m linking up with Alycia Quilts’ Finished or Not Finished Friday!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



Absolutely beautiful!! The recipient is gonna be so excited!!
ReplyDeleteit looks great
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! what a great quilt - it has so many happy colors and looks wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job, Judy! Do you know that trick about snipping out the little fold inside the miter at the corner to reduce bulk? That was a lightbulb moment for me when I saw that tip, and it makes a huge difference especially with wider bindings. There are pictures in this binding tutorial from APQS: https://www.apqs.com/how-to-make-great-binding-corners/. I hope that helps you as much as it helped me! Great job on your gorgeous quilt!!
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely! Great backing, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a simply beautiful finish on your Garlic Knots quilt--that gift recipient will be so thrilled...nice work hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteWonderful!! Lucky recipient in Vermont!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the finish! Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is simply gorgeous! The recipient is very lucky. Congrats on a great finish!!
ReplyDelete