Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching September

 




I don’t post here often, but this long holiday weekend ( in the US) without plans or family to picnic with makes me want to sit still! 


I am stitching the scrappy binding on my Geese Migration aka Rainbow Geese! There are 10 different colored solids around this quilt. So I foraged through my thread stash and picked thread colors to match( sort of)!





I hope to use up that Mettler thread on the  tall white spool!! 








I’ve rounded the 2nd corner and will keep on as I sit still in the evenings!





If I need a break from this, I’ll complete this tea towel. I’m using a variegated DMC floss from my rather large stash of embroidery thread. I’m not as happy with it as I had hoped. DMC variegated doesn’t change a quickly as say Weeks Dye Works or Cosmo or Valdani thread or even Sulky 12wt …..  but it’s what I had, and it a dish towel, not an heirloom! 




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!




ps: I’ll link up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching, just as soon as my laptop finishes it Sunday Morning  Virus Scan! 🙂






7 comments:

  1. Great projects to work on! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binding is the best slow stitching - it means you'll have a finish soon! Your colorful binding looks perfect for the geese quilt. And what a fun embroidery design to work on, too. I like your green floss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your Rainbow Geese quilt is gorgeous! So much lovely colour and pattern to be seen. Love the binding with all the different coloured fabrics. It teams up perfectly with the rainbow blocks; an inspired idea. There are a lot of ladies embroidering tea towels at the moment. Yours is going to be pretty. Love the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fabulous projects you are working. Love the design in your Rainbow Geese quilt. Super cute tea towel too. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete