Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 4, 2021

ScrappyHappy Saturday #1 for September

 


I’m debating! Because I concluded my hollow 9 making, should I start a new RSC block to carry into 2022 or should I just make crumb blocks for the parts department? Still no decision! So I started gathering fabrics for the current Covered in Love block drive! Fall Hues! Tall nine patch. Seems I can’t get away from making some variation of a 9-patch! LOL! 

I pulled my orange bucket and then my gold Basket (horrors,  I haven’t made a gold scrap basket!)


Whoo Hoo!  Orange is the new color for September!!


And my dark red/ maroon bucket and my light neutrals or "putty" colors.




I cut various 2.5" by 4.5" rectangles!


and with my copy of the instructions, cut 4.5" by 8.5" larger rectangles. I think I have enough to make 8 blocks. That is my usual MO!


And then the first block.  Mostly maroon and putty here. I'll be sure and mix the rest up a bit. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!


I'm linking up with ScrapHappy Saturday at Angela's blog. 











7 comments:

  1. That's a neat block, and I love your maroon and putty colors, too! I've fallen off the CiL wagon this year- need to get back on it. It's such a great way to contribute to quilts being made for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interisting nine patch, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use some of your ORANGE scraps, Judy!! Kat appreciates all the help she can get for her Block Drives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder about Covered in Love. These blocks will make interesting quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love that tall nine patch block!!! A great variation on classic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tall nine patch and was just reading your "I like" post too. I love the sunset you shared. I'm pretty glum these days too and walking helps lift my spirits. Anyway, have a wonderful and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete