Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 25, 2021

September OMG Finish Link Up

 


My One Monthly Goal for September was to get the scrappy binding on my Rainbow Geese. Done and ready to hang at our local quilt show. 


 It looked like this the first of September. 


I wanted to put the colors closest to the actual blocks. Pink near pink, aqua near aqua. But I did NOT want to have a seam end up at the corner. So I seamed the colors and laid them around the corners, with loose ends at the middle of each side. 



This one would have been close! Then I attached the binding at each side as I usually do to end the binding on a regular quilt. I have gotten pretty comfortable with that process and it worked like a champ. No seams at the corners!!!




Then I gathered lots of colors of thread to match the different colors in the binding. Sometimes I use bobbin thread to sew down binding. I try to use up each spool and each bobbin. 




The stitching down of the binding began. I enjoy this process but my hands have been paining me a little lately. So I broke it up into several sessions. There was lots of changing of thread color and rethreading of needles.  That's how it is with scrappy binding.



And now its done. I have washed it, so it's all crinkly and cuddly looking. I was going to keep it for myself, but may send it off to my granddaughter in Florida. She has worn her graduation quilt out! She doesn't sew, but asked me the other day how to repair her quilt. (Hint, Hint!  I think!) 



You can see here that all four corners have a different color. This was one of the most fun quilts I have ever done. So many fabrics, so many memories, so much colorful happiness!  Almost all scraps from my stash. I did have to purchase a few solids. I did not have a lot of those. Now I have a better selection! I used solid as the "sky" for the geese in each block. 



I'm excited to be linking this up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts. I love this One Monthly Goal event she hosts. It's doable and keeps me focused. I never would have completed so many projects without this spurring me on. 


Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - September Finish Link-up




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy





5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty finish, Judy!!! Great job on spacing out the binding seams!?! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful quilt, Judy. It will be a keepsake for sure. I'm happy you met your monthly goal too. It feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish. Great job on the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish, Judy; bright and cheerful to brighten up the winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete