Still YELLOW happening here!
I made more hollow nine patches! Roseanne from Home Sewn by Us, mentioned that she had not heard of these blocks with that name. I found them in 2019 on The Academic Quilter's blog. I had already been cutting my scraps into 2" squares, so I knew this would be a block I could do. And I liked her quilt! In fact, she has two, the other one is here. The eight I made this month.
I use the tracking sheet that is on Angela's blog to keep track every month. I print it out and keep track with pencil and eraser!
I'm still doing Geese Migration blocks. I was lamenting about my lack of different yellow scraps last week. The Joyful Quilter thought maybe I should re-think what was actually yellow. So I took her advice and this year's block in the bottom one. Is the solid sky part of the flying geese gold or is it dark yellow? I prefer to call it dark yellow!
Except for some yellow on this baby quilt!.... The top row is yellow, the 4th row is actually a lime green. The cloudy weather and the lighting in my living room, doesn't do this quilt justice.
and some sort of secret other yellow........:
.....that is all the yellow going on. The CiL blocks I showed last week, are in the mail to Kat.
When I got up my phone told me it was -27F. It's warming up now!
Can you see the "feels like" is -34 degrees.....yup, I'm staying in and sewing today!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



The spicy mustard YELLOW of your new Geese Migration block worked well, Judy. Looks great! Secret sewing??? Looking forward to seeing what that becomes.
ReplyDeleteExpanding your yellow range is a great idea. If it isn't orange, then it still counts as yellow in my book. Your blocks look great!
ReplyDeleteThat baby quilt is looking so cute!!! Hollow 9-patch is a great description of that block! We've been having plenty of below 0 days here in Minnesota, too. It's gonna get warmer!!! Keep on stitching!
ReplyDeletethat is cold - brr. Nice sunshiny yellows
ReplyDeleteOh, brrr! We're at about 2 degrees right now, but I haven't checked the windchill. Definitely a good day for sewing and reading blogs! I love your hollow 9 patches, and great job on the geese migration blocks. I agree that yellow can stretch from cheddar to sunny to pale to gold - all over the place!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely collection of happy yellow fabrics!
ReplyDeleteSpicy yellow mustard! Joyful is a hoot! It does fit that color perfectly though. The geese are looking great.
ReplyDeleteThe hollow 9-patches are so pretty..love that idea...and the geese blocks look wonderful
ReplyDeletehugs, Julierose
I thought -7 was cold til I saw - 21! yikes if anyone needs some warm yellow it's you! Definitely try every shade and tint of each color, makes the quilt sparkle! Your geese sparkle!
ReplyDeleteWell, gold is yellow, right? Like Angela I would say, as soon as it's not orange, it's yellow ;D Prettyquilt top, and I love your secret blocks!
ReplyDeleteBrrr, Judy! Stay in and sew for sure. We are expecting 6" to 8" more of snow here in Ohio today. Looks like our President's day off school will be a snow day.
ReplyDeleteI like all your yellows!!! I called my dark ones Butterscotch.... maybe cuz I was really wanting butterscotch cookies - haha!! Your geese migration blocks are really cool!
ReplyDeleteAll your blocks are wonderful! I’ve done those geese migration blocks before, and they are fun! Yellows have so much variety that we don’t realize at first, from lemon to banana to butterscotch and gold. You’ve done a great job of mixing it up!!
ReplyDeleteSunny and buttery yellows to dark mustard yellows - love all your bright blocks. They sure light up a dreary February!!!
ReplyDelete