Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 27, 2021

ScrapHappy Saturday Yellow #4






 Yellow scraps roundup

Early in February I did hollow nine patches. I only needed 7 to go with the 5 I made last year to make an even 12.....but I got carried away. Now there are 13!





String blocks with a contrasting string, one is purple, one is gray. Here they both look black. These were sent to Kat for the Covered in Love January/February block drive. 



And I added a geese migration block to the 2 from 2020. It's the dark one on the bottom.



And a yellow table scraps coffee pot “rug”! Complete with Smiley Faces!   My grands tell me Emoji's are so out of date, can't imagine how dated the Smiley Faces are......but I don't really care!




There was a bit of yellow in the Noah’s Ark quilt. My main focus in February was to get this quilt done and mailed to newest member of our family!



There were yellow flowers tied with a yellow ribbon, that arrived for my birthday last week. 



And four sets of yellow quotation marks were completed for Angela's 2021 Sampler quilt, Full Stop. These need to joined into a row, but I need to cut more background sashing at 2.5" I may run out of the background fabric. I hope not!!    I'm working on the Hashtags for January. Late, but I'll get caught up!



And look what came in the mail! Cathy at Crazy By Design was kind enough to share a pattern of her design and included 2 pieces of yellow to add to my scrap basket. It’s the very best kind of mail! 


Thank you Cathy! 




So that's a quick roundup!  I'm linking up with Angela's post, ScrapHappy Saturday!  Come join us!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. The yellows are bright and cheerful choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sunny YELLOW this month, Judy. Here's hoping you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post full of luscious yellows for February...nice work
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got lots done in February, Judy! So glad you finished the Wiggletime baby quilt since I know that was important to you. On we go to March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Judy! So, you are also a February girl! Beautiful flowers.
    Love your collection of beautiful yellow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure like all your design wall blocks for RSC... very straight and dynamic.... I do love me some geese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how smiley faces could ever go out of style. They make a great backing for your coffee pot mat.

    ReplyDelete