Thank you LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for giving us all a reason to look for and then share the Good Stuff! I'm a little late to the party this morning. I wrote this a few days ago and then Thursday sort of snuck up on me.
Family:
A year ago , our oldest granddaughter and her family moved to Florida! Our daughter followed shortly after! Just days before the country went to lockdown. Sunday evening, she was hit by a hit and run driver! The good thing is, she is OK! She was driving her mother’s car, it’s totaled, but other than sore she is fine!
This is one of my favorite photos of her and her family!
Entertainment:
We are making slow progress on the puzzle we are working on.
Lots of different dogs, lots of different browns and blacks. I get frustrated! Mr Busy is goal oriented, so he just keeps at it. We've been at it since Jan 22nd! First it was on the coffee table. Then that left sore backs from so much bending over. So we moved it to the dining room table. That's better, but now we are eating in the living room. Not my favorite......but????
More Family:
I took the baby quilt I finished to the long arm quilter at 1:30 Tuesday afternoon. She called me at 7:45 Tuesday evening saying it was done. She needed to take it off the machine and trim it or and take some photos and then I could pick it up Wednesday. Hooray. I spent part of Tuesday afternoon constructing the binding!
Wednesday this got done!
And it's a good thing. Noah arrived a bit early. He was due on his grandma Linda's birthday the 24th of February, but was born, just after midnight on the 15th. He weighed 9 lbs, so he's no preemie! Noah is my great nephew. My brother's newest grandchild!
Weather: we still have snow, but it's much warmer than last week. It's 13 now and sunny with a high 27 predicted. We got just a bit of snow again last night, but Mr. Busy was able to sweep it clear with the shop broom. And the neighbor with the snow plow on his 4 wheeler, cleared the curb.
That's all for me this Thursday.....I'm heading back into the sewing room to straighten up! At least for a bit, then I ll check on everyone else's I Like Thursday posts!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




I'm so glad your granddaughter is okay, but I bet that was scary! How nice to get your quilt back so quickly from the longarmer! Do you machine sew the binding on both sides or do you like to hand sew the final step? You guys look about the same as we do, snow-wise. It's nice to have the sun come back and warm things up!
ReplyDeleteGlad your granddaughter is ok. My mom's pastor's brother and sister in law were in a terrible accident in Florida at the end of December, they were hit by a drunk driver. How cool your Longarmer got your quilt done so quickly. Wow 9 lbs that is a nice sized baby.
ReplyDeleteIs that baby quilt one of Cynthia's patterns? Looks like one she posted recently of one of her designs that others have made. Hope your granddaughter makes a FULL recovery. Sometimes there's a mental hurdle to overcome too. Have a great week and get that puzzle done! Lol!
ReplyDeleteHit and run. Eek! Glad she's alright. Snow! We're getting rain (and I'd really rather have snow - the rain all froze!). I like your puzzle piece trays.
ReplyDeleteWow, so sorry about your granddaughter! So glad to hear she survived!!! I love that dog puzzle! My DH just finished an international postage stamp puzzle.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Noah's safe arrival!! Nine pounds sounds good and healthy.
ReplyDelete