Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 11, 2021

I LIKE Thursday #30

 




I'm joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color  to post about some likes and positives in my life this week.

I usually have to actively look for "the good"! 


 I like pictures shared by family! 



This is our son's companion, Phoenix.  He is intent on watching the printer in the office. DS said he walked across it on his way to the desk and activated the print test button!  Funny!!



I like when I can find a perfect unexpected fabric for a backing. Even better, is that it was gifted by a friend I've known for a long time. She was downsizing and gave me a huge tote of fabric. Not just scraps but large pieces too! 




I like unexpected gifts.  For 27 years I worked in the accounting office of a company that owned and operated a myriad of businesses.  One was a Shell Station.  Every year they give away coffee mugs to valued customers. The mugs entitle the owner of the mug to have free coffee every day for a year. Every year Mr Busy and I have received a set of 2 mugs. I've been retired from  that company for 10 years and they still make a gift to us. I count the people I worked with among my friends. I loved that job! We aren't traveling much, but we can get free coffee if we do!  



I found this on Facebook! It made me giggle! I don’t have an IKEA close! The nearest one is 5 hours away!  But I still think this is funny! 


And I close with this lovely young lady, Amanda Gorman, reciting  a poem at the Super Bowl! A poem at the Super Bowl!   I hope the video works,  but if not please look it up on YouTube! 



Now, please go to Not Afraid of Color to check other’s posts of positives in their lives! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!





7 comments:

  1. I love it when our boys send us photos of something in their life! Your DS' cat is funny! That looks like the perfect backing for a quilt - nice gift from a quilty friend! Those coffee mugs are a great gift, too. It's wonderful you still are in touch and close to your co-workers. I feel that way about many of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea book makes me laugh, and it only took a second or two. lol
    The Phoenix photo is precious, a ton of captions in waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy! I love fabric gifts too! That is a fun fabric! Your son's cat made me laugh today! Enjoy your day and have a safe and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! I just LOVE that picture of Phoenix keeping an eye on the printer that he set off! Too darn cute. Aww, that SO nice that they keep on giving you Shell mugs. A free cuppa is a nice warm way to remember your old work friends. We have an Ikea near us but I haven't been to it yet. It was so busy at the holidays in 2019, and then never got there in 2020. Someday but that meme is too funny! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew a printer could be so interesting! (Although I watch it like that when printing on fabric because it jams sometimes.) Happy fabric. And I had to laugh over the IKEA book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the meme about the Ikea book. LOL Phoenix operating the printer. Ah free coffee would be awesome, if it is good coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my cats tries to reach into the printer to pull out the paper while it is printing. Gotta love kitty helpers. Love the fabric gift ... and the refillable coffee mugs. IKEA a few hours drive away for me, too. Quite an adventure. We all need Amanda Gorman in our lives. I do follow her on IG and she posted the Superbowl video there. Poetry at sporting events ... yes! :) Pat

    ReplyDelete