Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 21. Yellow Week 1

 


February means Yellow on RSC21. I have minimal yellow scraps. So although, I like to make my hollow nine patches with 8 different 2” squares plus the white center, I may have to duplicate some. But I have 4 of these. I am aiming for 7,  to make 12, when added to the ones I made last year! 




I used some strings in these two blocks for Covered in Love! 

With gray contrasting string 

This one has a purple string

I found myself harvesting the trimmed off ends  if they were 2 inches square! Crazy? Probably! 


  I’m cutting the yellow 1/2 yard in this photo for a baby quilt! There is sure to be a 2” square or two left over.  Side note, I had trouble getting the sticky label off this one. It was a gifted piece, so I am unsure how long it had the label! But I soaked it, I gently rubbed it in a a circular motion, and I pressed it with brown paper like you do crayon! There remains a bit of sticky! Any ideas!


That's all for this week. Be sure and check other blogger's happy yellow projects at ScrapHappy Saturday on Angela's blog. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



8 comments:

  1. I didn't have much yellow either, but we make it work, don't we?! I like what you did with yours, Judy. Your hollow 9 patches are going to make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad I got the yellow I ordered - I might have had enough but didn't think I did of variety - looks like you made yours work

    ReplyDelete
  3. yellow is just hard to buy but still very happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat hollow squares! And congrats on the nice blocks for Covered in Love. You're reminding me to make some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say yellow was a bit thin in my stash too, but then I remembered all the yellow fat quarters I have due to making a scrap quilt when I didn't really have scraps. (Hard to believe there was such a time in my sewing room). Lots of fun scrappy blocks. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are making more yellow scraps as you go. Hope the sticky situation clears up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you need to broaden your definition of YELLOW, Judy. Or do I need to send you another care package??? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully warm scrappy yellow blocks! Maybe dab at the sticky part with a little rubbing alcohol on batting?

    ReplyDelete