Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 9, 2025

Stay at Home Round Robin. Round #3 Stars

   

Round 3 is hosted this week by Gail at Quilting Gail. She challenges us to add stars. 




I decided on 4.5” finished Friendship Stars for SAHRR. I used a chart I found at Generations Quilt Patterns  I wasn’t looking forward to  cutting and sewing all those small HSTs. I read that some participants used their AccuCutter. I have one, but don’t have a lot of dies. I find them to be very expensive. However, a blogger friend did send me some used ones that she ended up not wanting. I gladly and gratefully accepted them. I have one that cut triangles and squares for 2 1/2 inches pieces making a 6.5” star. I had decided that was too big . But I could cut them, sew the HST and trim them . That seems to work better for me anyway. 


But I took a break to go renew my drivers license and when I returned to my machine I just sewed the pieces I had cut. Egad  Judy!!. I wondered if I could use the correct size little ones in the corners. I’d need 2 more and then use the big one in the middle of the top, bottom and sides. I was planning on rectangles to complete the round. 



Yuk!   Nope!  So back to the drawing board. I printed the chart and grabbed my seam ripper.

The two that were too big were taken apart and the pieces cut to two inches. Then I recut all the accucut pieces. It was a project. But as of 5:30 pm on Saturday, they were all resewn together. I still don’t like the big rectangles of green to complete the round. And it’s just about as big as I want it. So I’m waiting to see what the Round 4 will be. I’m hoping I can use that prompt in this same border. 





Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Helpful 





3 comments:

  1. those twirling spinning stars are perfectly placed and add to the whole. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are sparkling!! Thank you for linking to Round #3 SAHRR'25!

    ReplyDelete