Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 6, 2025

I LIKE Thursday.

 


LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color hosts this event on Thursdays to give us a chance to share the good things that have happened and maybe commiserate just a bit.  


I went to the DMV to renew my Drivers License on Wednesday. I didn’t have to take a test , just fill out the form and get my picture taken and pay the fee. Amy asked me if I was planning on flying anywhere in the next six weeks. Nope, I am not, I answered. And she punched (VOIDED), my current drivers license. I asked her why she asked. TSA won’t accept a voided DL, they will accept an expired one. Luckily I have a passport, in case I need to fly!


It’s been really cold here lately. This is the year I should have done a temperature quilt or stitch. There would have been several below zero entries already. Brrrr!


Mr Busy and I caught up on the Chicago Wednesdays we had missed, and the crossover event that was last Wednesday.  Because we stream it on Peacock. We have to wait until Thursday to watch it.

We are watching Season 2 of The Night Agent, and waiting for the next season of The Lincoln Lawyer. 

I’m nearly finished with  The Secret War of Julia Child. 





Then I will listen to  



 Lee Anna often provides a prompt to get us thinking. This week she asked :


  • What’s one of the most exciting things you’ve done in life so far?

That’s a hard one for me. I haven’t skydived, or gone zip lining. I haven’t traveled the world or very many other countries. I have lived 79 years, so I think I’m done with exciting things. I have ridden a motorcycle across the suspended bridge over Royal Gorge in Cañon City CO. 



That was scary. 

I rode a boat under Niagara Falls and got soaking wet. THAT was fun.  I don’t have photos of that adventure. 



One last good thing to share. During a quick trip to Walmart I spied these. 


My heart is not broken, they are very good. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!





3 comments:

  1. We were impressed with the first season of The Night Agent. I hope the second season is just as good. We haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good likes all around. Interesting that they now punch old drivers licenses. It's been cold here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did that boat that goes under Niagara Falls, too! That was fun! I'm very impressed with your motorcycle riding, Judy - I think that was brave. Yummy cookie!

    ReplyDelete