Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 11, 2025

SAHRR 25.4

 

Stay at Home Round Robin. Round #4

   

Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts brings us Round #4.  She calls it a Sliced Square.  I like the way hers zig zag along the outside edge. I have lots of angles and didn’t trust myself to make the points match. I got an early look at this prompt….I was scrolling on my iPad in bed late on Sunday night and the blog post was up. I read it but was thinking of another way to do the slices. 


Monday morning while enjoying my coffee and a bit of quiet time, I read Kathleen’s post. Hey, that’s what I was thinking and she assured me that there are no quilt police!.

If I could use the Sliced Squares to fill in the spaces between my stars, that would keep my top from getting bigger than I had planned.  But what colors? Cream with green, it was kind of blah! 
I sure didn’t like the big chunks of green. I used the cream background with a green strip. I tried a charm square I had cut (red plaid, I’m fond of plaid). I inserted a 1 1/2’ piece of green print. I like it. I think. I slept on it. 


I decided on the red, when I realized I had only 9 squares in my charm pack collection. I didn’t think I had any more of that fabric, but I searched my reds. Hooray! I found a 1/4 yard. It’s karma. The red it is. I cut, sliced and sewed, til I had 16-

5” squares.  I sewed each pair together, then attached them to the center stars on each side. Can you guess what happened?  


I guess my B in Advanced High School Algebra and Geometry, didn’t help much! 🤪. Too long ago, I guess!

I need added fabric. Top- dark green, Middle - cream background or Bottom-the red plaid? Which would you do? 


Here is a rather wonky photo of the three options. Top left corner= cream. Bottom left corner=dark green, Bottom right corner =red plaid. 




Guess I’m done for now. I’ll pause until round 5 and 6. ‘Cause I’m befuddled.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.



7 comments:

  1. I think the red or cream. The green kind of sticks out. I'm leaning toward the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the plaid with green inserts, Judy! I always have trouble with the math on these projects, too. Adding narrow sections to one block or another is often part of my strategy! The cream added to your stars makes it less noticeable that you needed them. This is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm casting my vote for red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your slices look great! I rather like that dark green option, but any of them look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks great to me Judy though I guess red would be brighter. As for the math, don't look my way. Seems with quilting I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, given all my breathing spaces in my quilt borders, you know how I feel about the math - LOL! I like all three versions, but I'd spend some time with the green on all corners and see how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all of your options. The next prompt might sway you one way or another :)

    ReplyDelete