Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 20, 2025

Project Quilting 16.4


Trish (aka QuiltChicken), the challenge mistress at Project Quilting, usually likes the Pantone Color of the Year and builds a challenge inspired by it. This year she was “underwhelmed “. 


Design With Pantone Color of the Year 2025

Learn more about applying the Color of the Year 2025 across various industries, determine color values across our color systems, explore palettes and color harmonies, and more.   Mocha Mousse


So she chose  Birthstone instead. 




Although I’m ok with brown, see my Three Common Block challenge….I really really like purple.   My birthstone is amethyst.  I have lots of purple in my scrap buckets. As I was sitting in my purple chair in my sewing room, contemplating what I should make, I spied a drawer under my cutting table that has unfinished stitchery in it. I opened the drawer and found…



It’s been waiting to be finished for years. Hard to see, but there are tiny lilac buds . Also I was sorting through some possible patterns, and came across this one. 




I knew what I would do. 

It wasn’t without issue!   Ooops!!


Sewing the parts together, correctly this time!



Final. The binding was stitched on at Thursday Stitchers today. 






Lots of purple with a smattering of red on the back.




Linking up for Project Quilting 16.4 at Persimon Dreams. 

This challenge is due February 23, which happens to be my birthday. Cool coincidence !


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.





7 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Judy on finishing Spring Buds. It was waiting for just the perfect finish. Such beautiful vibrant purples. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it Judy! Your embroidery really pops with those rich purples. Love that bold backing too.
    I too was underwhelmed with Pantone's choice. I love the birthstone idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Judy, that's gorgeous! I love the pretty purples - and purple gingham for the background - perfect. What a great way to frame that embroidery.
    You did nail this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and very cute! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well happy birthday Judy (for tomorrow)! I just LOVE your project, and that you got to use a long-waiting stitchery block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish, Judy!!! Happy belated birthday--you share a birthday with my middle child!

    ReplyDelete