Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 1, 2025

Challengers Met and a New Month!




I had a finish yesterday. But I was participating in the Economic Blackout . So no Amazon, no Google , no retail purchases using debit or credit cards.


I finished the Table Scraps Challenge for February. We are to use the color from Rainbow Scrap Challenge - blue and use the TSC prompt, which was NEON. That gave me a fair amount of angst. 


 When I think NEON, I don’t think ‘blue’. I don’t think I own neon fabric.  I thought and pondered and wondered. Then I had a thought. In the past I have used crumb fabric in my table scraps projects. Maybe I could use blue crumbs on the back.



 






So I went scavenging. I found bright orange, bright yellow and lime green, and a  swirled blue fabric. 


And this mug mat was created…….I quilted it with my regular serpentine lines with a sparkly white thread. It quilted beautifully! I was holding my breath!








So I sewed some blue scraps (the backing), I found some Neon-ish scraps (the front) and I finished it! Challenges Met!



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



 I’m linking this post at Finished or Not Friday.Table Scraps Challenge 2025 and . ScrapHappy Saturday




12 comments:

  1. I was a little stuck on the neon challenge, too, but I think you nailed it, Judy. I had to look in close at your crumb piece and found a frog - so fun! Great way to meet the challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not getting comments via email recently. I’m working on correcting it. Just FYI.

      Delete
  2. Front AND back are fabulous, Judy! Sorry to give you angst with the February theme, my friend. Here's hoping the March prompt is more to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m just so literal sometimes. I did think of using the word neon, but that didn’t happen.

      Delete
  3. Great finish. I struggled with neon, too. In the end, I sorta went bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little quilt , Judy and great job on meeting the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job digging through the scraps to come up with a strategy to meet the requirements. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice little quilt, front and back! And it ticks all the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. That’s what I was going for!🙂

      Delete