Today is the day for the SAHRR Parade. I’m linking up at Quilting Gail.
![]() |
| It’s called Autumn’s Charm, but it looks Christmas-y to me. |
As I was making the back I noticed that the white portions of the salvage were pinkish. I did remember prewashing that piece. But decided to stay stitch around the edges and wash it again when I washed my dresser topper.
I did that yesterday. I used 2 Color Catchers but did not put it in the dryer.
This is the dresser topper just out of the washer! No pink! All good!.
Last night I cut a piece of Hobbs batting, 48 X 48 and this morning when I get back from the Rec Center, I’ll press the backing and get it ready to deliver to my quilter. Her husband had knee replacement surgery, so she took a short break from her long arm.
This is my 3rd time participating in SAHRR and I am most pleased with the outcome. My success stems, I think, from having enough of consistent background fabric and some good coordination of the other fabric. Scrappy is not easy to do on these projects.
Can’t wait til next time. Thank you to Gail and to Kathleen, Anja, Wendy, Brenda, and Emily for this year’s SAHRR.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




Just a really lovely finish on your SAHRR this time around!! Nice work hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is very pretty!!! And yay! for Colour catchers!! Thank you for joining in the SAHRR '25 and for linking to the Parade!
ReplyDeleteI love it!! Great use of the prompts to come up with a wonderful finish.
ReplyDeleteJudy, your SAHRR looks amazing! For some reason the design reminds me of flowers. So glad you used those color catchers. Have a wonderful week.Hugs.
ReplyDeleteReally pretty quilt. Good thing you used the color catchers.
ReplyDeleteLove it! It's always interesting to see each person's interpretation of the prompts.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is beautiful Judy. Wish I had invented Color Catchers - lol!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! You definitely made the most of each prompt. So glad you caught the potential problem with the backing.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy, your finished top looks interesting, intricate and remarkable to me! Well done. How neat to see how useful colour catchers can be too. Good Catch...
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic finish :)
ReplyDeleteNIce job. I love how you incorporated the kite blocks, which I was a struggle for me.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt finished up so pretty! I'm so glad you joined us this year!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, I love your SAHRR version!
ReplyDelete