Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 6, 2025

Project Quilting 16.5. Follow your Arrow

 




So many possibilities. I really wanted to make a baby quilt for a friend, using the pattern  Follow Your Own Path by Sandra Walker of  mmmquilts,com. 


  But I knew I couldn’t do it justice in just one week. It has to be something smaller, something I can quilt and finish. 

A while back I thought it would be fun to hang a plaque on the wall at the bottom of our stairs with arrows going left and right. There is a hallway there, so you have to make a decision. When I was thinking about arrows I remembered that idea. A wall hanging would work. So I got out the pattern for Follow Your Own Path. 

The blue scrap bucket from February was still on my cutting table. I had already dumped the yellow one for March. 


I found a cream almost white grunge with some white and gray streaks. It’s # 30150. 



After deciding if I wanted 1 double arrow each way or 2 arrows I set to work cutting the pieces. I thought while I was sewing. Something that gets me into trouble. Some time with the ripper happened. Then some tracing and coloring and looking for a backing. In my basket of miscellaneous novelties, look what I found. It’s not blue and yellow, but it will work on the back. 



And  now it’s done, hanging on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. 

Bad lighting at the bottom of the stairs. It is still snowing outside. 


I put triangles in the corners, it hangs on a push pin with a chopstick in the back. 



I'm linking at Persimon Dreams, Project Quilt 16.5. Follow Your Arrow. 

And Finished or Not Friday, hosted by Alycia Quilts. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Fun backing, too. Unfortunately it reminds me of my current project! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea, Judy! That will make you and Mr. Busy laugh, every time you go by there. How did you do those letters? They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute wall hanging, Judy! How did you do those letters? I debated about adding words to my entry, but didn't want to quilt them in this time, so opted out of another addition to my Words and Phrases series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Arrow quilt! I love pieces that have words on them. How great this worked out, Judy.

    ReplyDelete