Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 14, 2023

I Like Thursdays. 9-14-23



 I’m joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color



Some very random likes this week. A friend shared some of her home grown tomatoes. So I had to make BLTs.! 


The small bowl with white stuff is what is left from cucumbers and onions in sour cream sauce. We will eat them with the BLT not on it.  Speaking of that. My brother revealed to me a couple of weeks ago, that he eats peanut butter on his BLTs. Now we’ve been siblings for 71 years and I never knew that! I like peanut butter and bacon sandwiches so I guess it’s a small step to add lettuce and tomatoes. What do you think? Do you eat something other than traditional BLTs? Please share!



We do our bacon in the oven. It’s easier for me and I think makes for crispier bacon.


I did a bit more fall decorating.I’m not asking Fall to hurry, but it is a favorite season! 


I have a small table runner that has apples on it. I put my Autumn Stamps Sampler in a frame. Not permanently, because it’s not exactly right.  But it will do for now. Also there is an apple scented jar candle and a dish of a favorite fall snack. 


Candy corn and dry roasted peanuts. Sweet and salty, yummy!


A close up of the frame. It needs to be a tiny bit wider. So the cross stitched framing shows. I’ll keep looking. 



I checked this kindle edition out on Libby from my local library. Diann recommended it in her August 23rd post and said she couldn’t put it down. I requested it , but I had to wait for it. I got an email and downloaded it on September 5th. Started it on the 6th and finished it Monday the 11th. That’s fast for me lately. I’ve been in a reading funk. I will try this author again. 
 A friend on Facebook suggested I read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo!   That title has been showing up all over the internet. Think I’ll give it a try. 



I’ve been gridding a piece of coffee dyed/ stained Aida. I’ve never done this in all my years of cross stitching. It’s sort of tedious, but maybe it will help in the long run. I’ll keep you posted. 




The back looks like this. Lots of tiny X’s.  I watched several YouTube videos . Some using thread, that’s what I chose, and some suggesting wire. Couldn’t wrap my head around that. Besides I have a plethora of old thread, that is just sitting around asking for a job! 🙂 


This Sunday is Mr Busy’s birthday, so there will be cake! And littles at our house. I’ll try to remember to take photos. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 


4 comments:

  1. We love BLTs. We never put the L on them but still call them BLTs - lol! I love peanut butter, and now you have me thinking about trying your brother's version. Your table looks lovely - I love your stamps CS and that snack looks so yummy. I am reading Maybe In Another Life by the same author, and I have that one you are reading waiting on my Kindle app. She is a new-to-me author and I really like the way she writes. You and Diann are big influences on my reading and watching TV! We started watching Special Ops: Lioness because you mentioned it, and we are really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I love BLTs but I have never had peanut butter and bacon together. I love both ingredients so why not? I will try some the next time I make bacon. I've learned that parchment paper is the trick for making bacon! I make bacon in the oven, too. Too messy on the both the stove top and microwave, I think. YUM to candy corn!! Hmm. I have never heard of gridding for cross stitch. Is it to make it easier/quicker to count? I am quite intrigued to learn about that!! HB to Mr. Busy in advance. I hope you all enjoy his day to the max. {{{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes to the BLT, but no thanks to the peanut butter! (I love peanut butter, just not sure about the combination.) Your Autumn display looks just great, and the snack sounds yummy, too. I'm so glad you liked the book! How far apart are your gridlines on the Aida? You'll have to let us know if it helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm.. candy corn season is just around the corner. I love/hate it. :-) We do bacon in the oven, stovetop or microwave - all depends on how it's being used.

    ReplyDelete