Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 29, 2023

ABC Table Scraps Challenge. September '23




What to do?  What to do?  How about you finally make a dresser topper for your dresser, Judy!  It needs it!


So I found a baggies of scraps from the quilt on our bed. 



I was going to make a cushion for a recycled piano bench that sits at the foot of our bed. I might still do that, 




but I found lots of HST using the dark teal. 

And for now they have come together in an improve fashion!

Not quite big enough yet!


Strips were added , all three colors plus some extra HSTS! Finally it’s 19”X34”.  I dug in a hamper that had some batting scraps, so I could make a pieced batting. The goal is to use up scraps, right? 
 Egads, this is what I unearthed, plus some larger more square pieces. 



I’m leaving them in the big basket as a reminder to sew some slabs together, every day! 






A piece of light brown leaf print was constructed, and Tuesday it was nice enough to spray baste out on the deck. I did some serpentine stitching with teal thread on top and 3 different partial bobbins of aqua/turquoise for the bottom thread. A different dark teal for binding was attached Thursday during stitching group! It’s ready to put into use!




I’m linking up with The Joyful Quilter at ABC Table Scraps Challenge!  The challenge was to use Aqua or some variation and interpret the letter P and Z. I see Zig Zagging mountain Peaks, don’t you? 


And because it is a finish, I’m linking to Finished or Not Finished Friday hosted by Alycia Quilts. 


Amended—- in use,

And I love it! In the reflection ,in the mirror made by my late BIL, is the quilt on our bed. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




5 comments:

  1. Oh, definitely zigzagging mountain peaks! That's a pretty finish, Judy - and nice that you made it to fit the dresser and go with the bed quilt, too. Using up batting scraps is a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast - and so pretty! That is going to look great with your bedspread. Lol on the batting scraps! I need to "slab" together some pieces too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of those TEAL scraps, Judy! You created a wonderful coordinating table topper for your bed quilt. Love the way you related the letters to your ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! and you need to keep odd shaped scraps to truly work like I do... most people throw away stuff I'd keep, lol
    teal is such a fine color!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh That is a cool one!! Love the Improv of it!!

    ReplyDelete