Happy Thursday Morning! Let’s join LeeAnna and others to share some gratitude, good stuff, maybe even vent a tiny bit! Sound good?
My intentions are always to document, ie take photos of the good things! I fail, most weeks.
So going through my camera roll……
I have 2 great grandsons! This is the younger of the two. He just turned 10 and is a passionate gamer!
Our daughter was her for her grandson’s birthday. We had hoped to do a special trip to The Ice Cream Cafe, a locally owned and operated ice cream place. They were closed for the holiday! Bummed but understandable! So we went to Dairy Queen. I had a Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Blizzard! Really good!
We also ate here!
It’s a locally owned and operated bar/restaurant! For the longest time there was only one High School in our small city. Campbell County High School. Colors purple and gold! Mascot, a camel named Humphrey! It’s a fun place to go, and really good food!
Both lamps were scratched.
The packing was horrible and the floor lamp could not be assembled because it was bent! Yup, it all went back to Amazon! I still missing a lamp by my chair.,
Do you have a recommendation as to stitching lamps you like?
So I put out some Fall decor, to make up for my lack of a lamp! ππ
We finished watching, Special Ops: Lioness! Whoa! Was the finale ever intense!
Looking forward to Season Two!




Oh, boo on the lamps! I think we've all ordered something the realized we should have read more thoroughly. I know I once did it with canvases. 20 2quare canvases! Different sizes! They were all tiny! 4-5 inches... you couldn't tell from the photo... oh well, lesson (sort of) learned!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Aww, nuts about the lamps. I picked up a swing-arm floor lamp at Walmart. They had two colors - antique brass and black with a beige lamp shade. I love the swing-arm because I can move it where I need it. Also, you can easily put a three-way bulb in it so you can adjust to your lighting needs. It wasn't really expensive - I'm going to guess it was under $40 but that might have been two years ago. Sometimes swing-arm lamps are hard to find. Good luck! Your great-grandchildren are so cute. Those two missing front teeth make me smile, and I'm certain they do you as well. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteYour great-grands are so cute! Makes me miss being around those 5th graders. Your treat at DQ sounds yummy! So sorry to hear about the damaged lamps from Amazon. We bought a lamp at Lowes that has a 3 way switch - we did have to buy a special bulb for it. I put it on the highest setting in the evenings when I'm hand-stitching and it works for me.
ReplyDeleteI haven't put up any fall decorations yet. I'm waiting for the weather to cooperate first! You have adorable great grandchildren! It's too bad about the lamps but Amazon is so easy to make returns. I hope you get something you like. I don't use anything special just whatever set we've had for a few years.
ReplyDeleteYour great-grandchildren are so cute! I look forward to some, but first we need to get the grandson engaged. He is 24 and he and his GF appear to be serious, so get busy! ;)
ReplyDeleteYour local places sound really good, just another reason for us to move up north - lol! I'm going to try that snickerdoodle blizzard, right after I have my annual pumpkin pie blizzard.
I have a slim task light with adjustable settings for intensity as well as for different types of light. It's about 4 feet tall and sits next to my side of the sofa. I like it so much I bought a second one for my sewing room:
https://www.amazon.com/LASTAR-3000K-6000K-Brightness-Adjustable-Gooseneck/dp/B09DNSGVG4?th=1