Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 29, 2023

I LIKE Thursday It’s Fair Time!




Here we are again! How can it be Thursday and almost the last day of June?  I’ve got some good things to share.  I'm joining others over at Not Afraid of Color. Hop on over and check out other awesome things. 

Entertainment: 

We’ve been searching for evening TV. 
Mr Busy chooses usually. So there is catching up on S. W.A.T.! The one last night seemed familiar! Maybe we are caught up!
 We watched a 2020 movie with Tom Hanks. We hadn’t taken the time to watch this one previously! 
  The News of the World! We both thought it was very good! IMHO, you can’t go wrong with Tom Hanks!

The we caught up on C.J. Box’s  Joe Pickett.  Please tell me me that all you non-Wyomingites don’t think WE are that stupid! Our Sheriff Deputies and Game Wardens are not a bunch of bumbling idiots. Nor is our governor! 


Last Friday Night there was a large tornado that hit a Coal Mine south of our city. If you know Northeastern Wyoming, you know that we have miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles of nothing. And yet this EF-2 ( thank God) hit this industrial complex at 6pm. It was during shift change so double employees were on property. My moment of gratitude is that no one died. 7 people transported to the hospital, all have been released. The mine will be shipping coal by the end of the week, so don’t worry you’ll still have electricity! 


Nothing new on the food front! I’m in a rut!  Counting points isn’t necessarily fun, but I do eat some interesting things! Like tuna with no Mayo , only a bit of ranch dressing, a splash of balsamic and some Tones cilantro lime seasoning wrapped in a lettuce leaf! Surprisingly yummy! Mr Busy opted for PBand J and chips! 

LeeAnna’s prompt:

do you like to attend State/County Fairs? tell us what kinds of things you like to do there?


We used to go lots, to the County Fair in South Dakota where we grew up. A fun fairly inexpensive way to entertain littles. It’s where my kids first experienced carnival rides. Both still “thrill seekers” like their dad. Me, wallflower! I would ride the Tilt-a-Whirl and maybe the Ferris Wheel, but nothing else! We used to walk around the Exhibit halls at our County Fair, now too much walking for me! I like looking at the needlework, the quilts, the photographs. I also like to look at the chickens and the rabbits. I even sat at a table selling raffle tickets several times. One thing that was especially fun was to listen to the Fiddle Contest!  I'm basically a people watcher, so I like to go where other gather.
We did attend the State Fair in Arizona one year when we were visiting our son and his family. There, I was introduced to some Mexican candy that my grandson thought was awesome. I thought it was horrible!!!!! I don't say that lightly!  I usually like all kinds of candy!  I don't remember what is was called!



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!












4 comments:

  1. I had not heard about that tornado, so I immediately Googled it and found a video by Reed Timmer, my favorite storm chaser! I do spend 3 points to put a tablespoon of mayo on my tuna but I will give the balsamic vinegar a try! Lettuce wraps are yummy. I also splurge points to have chips, and last night I had 4 peanut M&Ms for 2 points - lol! But that's the good thing about WW - you can have what you want, it just helps control portions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tom Hanks too and will have to look for that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched one episode of Joe Pickett and I didn't really care for it, either. Longmire was good, though! Such a strange coincidence that the tornado just happened to hit at shift change time, but I, too, am glad that no one was killed. I'm not a carnival ride person either, but the displays the fair are definitely fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, the tilt a whirl was fun and the scrambler but I'm not a thrill seeker for sure!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete