Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 26, 2023

ABC Table Scraps Challenge June





June Table Scraps Challenge had me scrambling. I’ve been finishing some quilts, getting some ready for a trip to the quilter.  I rearranged my sewing space, and then there was cooking, laundry, Father’s Day company. Etc. etc, etc.  June sped by. I didn’t even get my regular June wall decorations up. So Sunday I just got a head start on July!😀


I had been sewing blue crumbs! Will they ever be truly gone? I don’t think so!  I trimmed 6 of them, set them 3x2 with some ancient blue fabric, pieced some batting scraps together , constructed a backing, found almost enough strips for binding and this:

Please ignore my pink socked toes! Yes, I’m still wearing socks! 🥶


And because I was inspired by all the patterns in Kelly Young’s new book, Perfectly Pieced Quilt Backs, this is my version of “Chunky”on page 56. I call it “Chunky Abbreviation”. 



So now you ask, “what about the ABC part, Judy?”  So I thought, and I thought and I thought some more.  

I think it is a :                  Definitely Defined Indigo Improv  tabletopper!


I'll link up with The Joyful Quilter when her challenge post goes live on the last Friday of the month. For now I'll just post so I don't forget. 😟


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!







6 comments:

  1. Love how your blue table scraps piece came out...really pretty--
    nice work My color scrap bags seem to always be full no matter how
    many projects i make!! :))) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful blues, especially with your "ancient blue fabric". I wish it was cool enough here to wear socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also, your tabletopper is Darling! I love that shade of blue with your crumb blocks. Neat quilting, too. Hooray for a finish during a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you included little pops of other colors in your BLUE table topper, Judy! Definitely Defined Indigo Improv? What a fun way to connect with the June letter prompts for the ABC Table Scraps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes those light blue fabrics have some yellow or pink. And sure enough the crumb piece features a bit of the sun or heart or Pooh’s red t-shirt!

      Delete
  5. Hi Judy, what a great project, front and back. Love the peeking pink socks 😀

    ReplyDelete