I’m sharing this “ it took me forever “ finish, finally!, over at Alycia Quilts.
You must check out her Pink Lemonade quilt!
But it took awhile. There are 1,552 2” squares in the smaller version of the original pattern, Growing Up Odd from Deanna at Wedding Dress Blue. I stitched the final stitch in the binding last night watching TV. But had it to Show and Tell at Thursday Stitchers yesterday. A new member to our group said the colors were “magnificent”! I never intended this to be anything but a utilitarian quilt. A picnic quilt! She said, “Ooh No, No, No! You must hang it!” I appreciate her compliment, she’s a respected fiber artist in our community! But I don’t think it will hang. It’s very heavy!
Close up of the back!Nikki used a great design, in multi colored thread. I don’t remember the name of the design.
So to you, blogger friends and readers, it is finally done! You won’t have to see another post about this one! 😄
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



Fabulous scrappy design. Great finish.
ReplyDeleteJudy, it's beautiful! I've enjoyed seeing you progress through this one, and you never gave up. Congratulations on your finish!
ReplyDeleteSure this is such a beautiful finish, Judy. I'm with that fiber artisit...it deserves to be showcased on a wall. What a way to use up scraps!
ReplyDeleteIt truly is magnificent! Wonderful scrappiness with gorgeous colors - what a treasure Judy!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Judy!! It's a super scrappy masterpiece in my eyes, too. At that size, I can totally see why you would feel that it's much too big for it to be hanging on the wall!
ReplyDeleteTa da!!!! It is gorgeous!!! i love all the happy colors in it and I agree !! it is a magnificent quilt!! However you use it will be just PURE love!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the amazing finish!!!