Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 23, 2023

Finished or Not Finished Friday. ~ Growing Up Odd and Long May She Wave.





Today I have a couple of not finished quilts,  but they are in the last lap to the finish line. 
First is Growing Up Odd. 


This is a bigger quilt than I am used to . 74X74.  Not huge but I finally got it wrestled through my machine. Not without a detour or two though. I decided on this burgundy with a tiny white “ditsy?”.





The fabric has been in my stash for ages. I bought several yards to make a circular skirt for a table in our family room.The table is 30" in diameter and 26" off the floor. It took a lot of fabric. Anyway, I cut the longest 2.5” pieces I could but the scrap was getting short. Long story short, I cut them then didn’t get them all diagonally sewn together! Don’t ask how, all I know is I was short! A stop to make more binding, then add it to the already attached binding and continue on! It’s all attached to the front. Phew!  Now I’ll spend the next several nights stitching it down. 

When it’s done, there is the QOV Long May She Wave to stitch down. Here is it all folded,  ready and waiting it’s turn. You can see I decided on a red binding.




I'm linking up at Alycia Quilts. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



6 comments:

  1. Getting two big quilts to the binding stage is a great accomplishment, Judy! Enjoy your binding stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 quilts so close to the finish line,that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you are doing with these two wonderful quilts, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh how fun to see the great progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 74x74 is big to me! I like that ditzy binding, and I love the red on Long May She Wave. Both are are going to be beautiful!
    I used to make circular skirts for our tables and was never able to get them even all around.

    ReplyDelete