I'll be linking up at Alycia Quilts ' Finished or Not Finished Friday
Nothing totally finished, but they are getting closer to the finish line.
The binding is attached to the Dick and Jane quilt.
One corner is done and almost the adjacent side. It should be done in a few more hours. Definitely in time to enter into the quilt show.
And the Loose Threads Challenge project is now a pillow cover! If you have been following this project, it started as a paper bag full of stuff. A mini charm pack, glitter glue, 2 feathers, a piece of plaid ribbon, some funky pom poms, a Styrofoam bird and 2 pieces of coordinating fabric plus a list o weird holidays to use as inspiration. Because I had the drive -in movie fabric, I chose June 6th. Drive-In Movie Day. I know! Our project coordinator is demented! We had to chose a day and make a project using at least 2 items from the bag!
The applique pieces on the front of the pillow were buttonhole stitched by machine!
The only additional thing to do is add the silver glitter glue to a few of the stars. I practiced on a left over piece and it works well and it just the right amount of bling!
So Not Finished, but both project close. And the pillow is my OMG for September. So I am pleased!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy,











oh my gosh!! i love the idea of a book pillow!! I want one!!
ReplyDeleteHow very innovative you have been with the fabric. Great result.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome challenge piece, Judy!! Nice work.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun project! Love the book pillow idea. Would make a great Christmas gift. Thanks for the sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove this project! It's fabulous and love the book pillow idea! Great work!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! That might be a neat challenge for my guild, will have to ponder it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a challenge! Looks like you met the goal with that cute book pillow. Way to go!!
ReplyDelete