
Yay! It's time to select a goal and link it up to Elm Street Quilts. There is a link at the bottom of this post.
I struggled for a bit, trying to decide. Then I got a reminder from the unofficial leader of our Loose Threads group. We are loosely organize, our choice! No rules, no officers, no problems! Anyway, it was a reminder that we had a Challenge due at our retreat scheduled for October. The retreat has been cancelled but the challenge is still on! I am a procrastinator, by nature. I work better under pressure?
So that is my OMG......get the challenge project done and ready to reveal whenever we are able to meet again. Maybe a Christmas party?
Here is what Kathy gave each of us last year.
A lunch-bag-sized brown paper bag full of a bunch of stuff.
Mine had 2 fat quarters of fabric, 1 mini charm pack, some pompoms with silver accents, a styrofoam bird, plaid ribbon, 2 white feathers, and a bottle of glitter glue and a brown pencil. Plus this list of weird holidays.
Holiday list.
Our instructions were to make something after choosing a holiday! Use two items from the bag in our project.
I chose 6/6 Drive Inn Movie Day! because......
I happened to have in my stash, this fabric. It was purchased in 2009 to make curtains for my daughter's bedroom. She moved, I saved it! Then our granddaughter was in a house that had a theater room. She had some big pillows, I covered 4 of them. Still fabric left.
I will be making a pocket pillow with the Drive In fabric. I'll use the mini charms to make a panel to be the front pocket. I'll cut out and fuse some of the movie words to the pillow top and maybe embellish with some glitter paint, or a feather or pompoms. I won't be using the Styrofoam bird and probably not the red plaid ribbon.
I'm linking up with Patty at


I think you have thought of the perfect project for this month's goal! Very fun! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, too!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!
ReplyDelete