Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

To Do Tuesday #4 Hello September!




 Joining Home Sewn by Us to check off my last weeks to-do list! 


Last weeks list: August 25 - August 31


1. Make 3 adult masks for my peeps on Florida! ✅

The nose pieces are laying  on the cutting mat. They have been added and the masks are ready to be mailed. 
 

2. Finish sewing the purple Easy Breezy blocs that are cut and clipped, ✅ 

There are 11!  So I guess I had better find a bit more purple or take out one that reads pink! 


3. Try to find a suitable pattern for placemats for S &A . ✅ 

I  have narrowed it down to these two patterns. It will depend on the fabric I can find. 


4. Attempt some big stitch hand quilting on Harvest table runner.   Ummm,  not done

I could "fib" and say this is my "attempt".. But this is an attempt I made many months ago. Maybe a year ago! I found the table runner. The thread is on a needle. But the spool of thread I was using is MIA!

I'm pretty sure that it was from this package of 50 at Sulky.  But it is a bit more buttery that the ones here.  

I'll eventually find it. It is put away somewhere "safe", I am sure!  But since I barely started , I think I will remove the few stitches I did and start over with a different color. I may give it another day and a half to search for the missing thread. I know it is somewhere!


So next week's list,


September 1- September 7

1. Make 2 each , masks for Granddaughter and her fiance in Vermont!

2. Sew red crumb blocks in preparation for a scrap basket. 

3. Cut pieces for red  Geese Migration Blocks

4. Keep looking for the missing thread or restart with a different color! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



5 comments:

  1. Don't we all put important things in "safe" places, lol! It's guaranteed that after you replace that thread, you'll find the original spool. :) I like your tablerunner and placemat pattern ideas! I'm ready to go play with some red, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a head start on this month's Basket Challenge, I see!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah safe places will always be one place more than we can look! Have you made scrap baskets before? I would love to make a set for my various scrap bags... haven't started or even looked at possible pattern ideas. I just need to USE some of the scraps and baskets would look really cute. Hope yours turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! I have some items in a "safe" place, somewhere. They're probably having a good giggle over me not remembering where that safe spot is now. Those masks are so cute - I love the heart telemetry one. I have a nurse in the family! Good luck finding that thread and with your list for this new week. Thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those things we put away in a 'safe' place the hardest to find!? Looks like you have a fun week of sewing ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete