My September One Monthly Goal was to complete the challenge project from my Loose Threads quilting group. We were given a paper bag of fabric and embellishments and a list of really weird holidays. We were to chose a holiday and make something depicting that holiday using 2 of the items in the bag.
I chose Drive-In Movie Day June 6th. Mr Busy and I did a lot of drive-in movie dates back in the day. We were married on June 2nd.....so it seemed appropriate.
Here is my completed pocket pillow. I might put jelly beans or Junior Mints in the pocket!
The pocket is constructed of the mini charm pack that was in the paper bag. It's called Sunday Supper, I really like it and would use it again, but I can't find it anywhere. The main body of the pillow is some fabric from my stash. There was text fabric in the bag......so I used pieces of it and appliqued the words on the front and made the zipper covering on the back. There was also a bottle of silver glitter glue in the bag. That was applied to some of the stars on the pillow front!
The back. Oh, and the word THE END was appliqued on the back also. I hope we can meet soon for show and tell. There are 18 of us in the group, so we should be able to social distance at the big meeting room in our library! Fingers crossed!
I'm linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts. She hosts this marvelous monthly challenge place.
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - September Finish Link-up
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!
Wear your masks, please!





This pillow is amazing! I like how you got a paper bag with the charm pack inside and you came up with this great idea!
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful pillow. Your arrangement of the fabrics is perfect.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a fun project. Your reading pillow turned out cool!
ReplyDeleteVery fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute pillow and a fun challenge too.
ReplyDelete