Brenda at Songbird Designs is the designer of Round 5. Her post was stubborn and did not post when she had scheduled it when I looked first thing Monday morning. So I visited the other designers. Wendy used a 3” paper-pieced whole log cabin block. Others used a partial log cabin block. Some 1/2, some 1/4. I had intended to make my next border, the last one, by combining Round 5 & 6. And to do it at 3.5”. So for now, I will contemplate color choices and possible placement of a 1/4 log cabin. A 3.5’ quarter log cabin.
Friday, February 21st
After finishing and posting Project Quilting 16.4 = Birthstone, I started thinking about the 1/4 log cabins for SAHRR. Maybe I’ll make 3three and see how they look on one corner. Well, several chapters of my audiobook later, I have this. Hmmm!
I think I like it. I used fabric that appeared previously. I found another scrap of the lighter leaf print, but only enough to do 12 1.5” squares as the second log. I added the green used in the Sliced Sqaure blocks from Round 4 as block 3, then blocks 4 & 5 were the background cream. I think it works.
I’m linking up at Songbird Designs. I hope Brenda agrees that the corner quarter cabins will do.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.


Judy, I think your quarter log cabins are perfect! I like how they fit in the corner like that. I'm wondering my log cabins need a consistent outside layer like yours instead of two different colors like mine. You've got me thinking again!
ReplyDeleteYour SAHRR is looking fabulous, Judy. Gorgeous fabric choices. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI really like the direction you have taken this! Looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove the quarter log cabins! I really like the patterns you have chosen!
ReplyDeleteThis one has stumped me on my traditional round robin quilt. I had no problem on the other SAHRR which is a block per week. I like what you did and have thought of something similar in the four corners. I've been putting it off so gotta tackle it today!
ReplyDeleteJudy, your corner quarter logs are perfect. This is exactly what I did, combine the last two rounds! Thanks for joining us this year.
ReplyDelete