This week Trish has challenged us to use 3 common quilt blocks in our entry. Two years ago for Rainbow Scrap Challenge I started making placemats using this pattern that I found on a guild exchange table.
I went back to this pattern for this challenge. I’m not good at the math needed to decide how big the blocks need to be and then cut the proper sized pieces. I’m usually not math challenged but for some reason I have trouble just ‘winging it.’
I started by selecting blue fabrics, but they were not speaking to me. I switched to browns. Browns will fit better in its destination, the GO bag in my car. There is placemat, extra napkins ,straws, etc.for grabbing takeout and eating in the car.
I made 3 blocks. An hourglass block, a churn dash, and a friendship star. 61/2 inches by 6 1/2” each(unfinished). I had some of this moose fabric in my stash and decided to set the blocks in the center.
I quilted it with serpentine lines. Used a dark black and brown for the backing and the darkest brown in the churn dash was used for the binding.
I’m linking up at Persimon Dreams #pqSeason16
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.


I love your blocks, and that pattern too.
ReplyDeleteJust love these blocks in our trusted patterns. Always lovely!
ReplyDelete