Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Project Quilting 15.5. Wearables








I waited for inspiration. But I promised myself to only work from my stash , soooooooo

Monday 3-4-24

I’ve sewed square dance skirts, blouses and made scarf ties for Mr. Busy, I’ve made Easter dresses and pjs, and shorts for my kids. I’ve sewn pajama pants, bed jackets and skirts for myself, when I was younger and thinner. And aprons galore. But the only patterns I still own are aprons, pajamas and scrubs. I’ve had this fabric for ages. It was suppose be curtains for an apartment. It has made home theatre pillows, camping pillow covers and there was yardage left. Now it will be Movie Night Lounge Pants for me.





It’s directional and I had an “oops moment”! I cut the fabric so the cars were right side up , but not right sides together, so one back was backwards! UGH! So I had to piece the fabric to be able to recut the crotch! I’ll never wear them to Walmart 😂 ( or out in public anywhere)  so it’s OK.  That is all done and the inner leg seams are sewn and the center crotch seam. The pockets ( yay, there are pockets) are pinned to the front and back and the buttonholes for the drawstring are in the front waistband area! Done for Monday!

Tuesday 3-5-24

Pockets attached to sides and topstitched. Side seams sewn, waistband elastic inserted and hems ready for final turn. 



They seem a bit full in the tush. Now I’m a hippy (not hippie) Norwegian girl,  so I’ll wash them and see if that makes a difference. If not, I’ll adjust the inside leg seam. But I call them a WEARABLE. Perfect for Movie Night at home or bingeing on Firefly Lane  or Mr & Mrs Smith! 


I’m linking up with PQ 15.5 at Persimon Dreams. Thanks Kim and Trish! 

Sharing at Midweek Makers too, because this was my “make” this week! 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


7 comments:

  1. That is a fun project, Judy! I wear pajama pants like that around the house all day long, but I've never tried making them. Yours are cute with that drive-in fabric and look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closest I've come to sewing clothing is making aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO fun!!! Even if you had one upside down - Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute Judy! Love the fabric and that is a great pattern with pockets!
    I sewed clothes from the time I was a freshman in high school, then after I got married I continued to make clothes, draperies, curtains, wall hangings, etc. Some of the oddest things I made - short tennis shorts and a kind of tunic to wear with it to play tennis in (why?) and a suit for my husband - lol! It was a kind of loud plaid, but he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pants do look really cute. That fabric is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Movie Night Lounge Pants? Brilliant, Judy!! They look super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! They look so cozy! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete