Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 28, 2024

I LIKE Thursday. 3-28




I’ve been pretty busy in the sewing room. We finished up Project Quilting. The last challenge theme was Irish Chain.  I decided on a shelf topper. My space is 10 x 44. 


Scrappy greens , because Trisha announced on St Patrick’s Day, with a nod to the RSC color of the month purple. The centers are purple and the binding is purple. 

I also cut pieces for a baby quilt using some novelty fabric I had. It was a pattern I won from Sara Goer Quilts during PQ15.4. The pattern is called Back and Forth. 

Close up of the Princess Jasmine fabric!



I also finished my Table Scraps Challenge, but you’ll have to check back tomorrow on my blog, or at The Joyful Quilter’s Linky Party. 

I finished Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver. 

I gave it 5 Stars. It’s raw, it’s real, it’s hopeful!

My book club is reading Angel Falls by Kristen Hannah. I don’t have a copy and all library copies are checked out. So I’m reading this one from a favorite author. 




Mr Busy and I recreated our Friday Night Date Night with a visit to a local favorite restaurant. It’s the House Special Pepperoni! It was good, but not necessarily awesome. It’s wood fired and we like some of their other flavors better. I also had a beer, called a Sour. It was kind of like a strawberry lemonade!




 For March28, 2024

Baby animals are often born in the Springtime. If you could choose any baby animal to be your pet, what would you pick and why? Don't worry about space or legal restrictions, just imagine having it.


I kinda like all babies born in the Spring!  The ones we see around here are calves, lambs and horses. Also the farm stores have baby duck and chicks. Of all those, maybe I’d like a lamb as a pet. I’ve never been up close and personal to a lamb, but I assume they are wooly and cuddly! Maybe we wouldn’t have to pay the neighbor kid to mow the lawn. We could just let “Lambchop” eat her fill! LOL!    To be transparent, I’m not interested in any pet at this time. We’ve had pets since our oldest was a baby and she’s going to be 60 this year. I’m just  over it for now! 

Joining LeeAnna and friends over at Not Afraid of Color!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



7 comments:

  1. That Princess Jasmine fabric is adorable. The pizza looks good! We are still learning to adjust the temperature on our pizza oven - parts of pizza kinda burn but we don't mind. ;) I've got all the "baby animals" Lambs really are cute. I'll ever want living inside our house with 5 cats and 2 dogs - eeek! I keep telling Hubs we need to get a goat to mow our grass. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed seeing your sewing projects this week, and looking forward to the Table Scraps link-up! A pizza date sounds like fun, too. I love Catherine Ryan Hyde, but not sure I've read that one. I'll have to go see if our library has that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all us cardiac patients are drooling right now over pepperoni....LOL...a verboten food choice for us! seriously it looks good....interesting reads...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Irish Chain quilt! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a great week of likes. I'm looking forward to seeing your table scraps project. We have an awesome pizza place we enjoy almost weekly. Sours have become my favorite craft beer. They brew so many different flavors these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your Irish Chain. Hard to go wrong with a basic pepperoni pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Irish table runner is so pretty. I happen to love green & purple together. Happy reading! Glad you found a book to read even if it isn't the book club book.

    ReplyDelete