Several things to be grateful for:
Food~
Though not gourmet, this was a supper we made together this week. A panfried chicken breast seasoned with Slap Ya Mama! Oven roasted sweet potatoes, just slightly overdone! And steamed broccoli with cheese sauce.
Books~
![]() |
| Hardcover |
LeeAnna gave us this prompt for today!
3-14-24
what is your favorite spring flower and do you try to grow them in your house or yard?
My favorite spring flower is tulip, followed by crocus, daffodils and hyacinth. I don’t have them in my yard now, though I did grow them in the past. I’m doing no “in the ground gardening” at this point in my life. I do have a patch of Lily of the Valley already established around a tree just outside our kitchen window. It takes vey little maintenance, just regular watering in the summer.
********************************************************
This week I am attending a 3 day Sew-In at our library. Tuesday was our first day. There was lots of visiting and sharing. I’m putting together block for a graduation quilt for a nephew. He earned his PhD a few years ago and he needs a quilt. I bought fabric a longtime ago, finally settled on a pattern.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




Your dinner looks delicious. I usually bake my sweet potato and haven't tried roasting. I'd want mine a bit overdone - love that!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite spring flower is a peony, and I've tried to grow them most of my life and finally had success in Edmond OK - then we moved away. Even though we are in far north Texas, they are hard to grow this far south - not enough chill hours!
Looking forward to seeing the graduation quilt.
Your dinner looks yummy, Judy! I might have to try that seasoning. I loved Remarkably Bright Creatures - such a good book! Loveland Loves to Read brought the author in for an author talk and my book club went to it. She was fun to listen to - that was her first book! Hope you enjoyed your sewing retreat, and got a good start on your nephew's quilt.
ReplyDeleteI also listened to Demon Copperhead. So good!
ReplyDelete