Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 1, 2023

I LIKE Thursday ~ Ice Cream







Good Morning! Today is a day to share the good things happening! LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color organizes all of us who want to participate. Her Thursday post lists those bloggers who are grateful, thankful and just plain hopeful!



Entertainment: 
We are sad the regular TV shows that we watch are on summer break! But it does give us a chance to catch up on other ones. Since we cut the cable we only see CBS prime time, because we subscribe to Paramount+.  We also have Peacock until August, when our special price expires. Not sure what we will do about that, but we can catch some NBC stuff there.  Mr Busy is watching tons of YouTube channels. If you find a good something, ( not Vice Grip Garage, or Bad Chad, please share!)  🙂

The Bridal Veil spirea at the corner of our house is gorgeous this year. Probably from all the rain. The other foundation planting, not so much! I’ve got weeds to pull and some pots to plant. Now that the chance of frost is gone, I need to get busy!




This week is an important one for us. Tuesday was our youngest granddaughter's birthday. Wednesday was a nephew and niece-in-law's anniversary, today is my brother's birthday and tomorrow is our 59th anniversary. I think Hallmark was glad to see me last week! 


I got happy mail yesterday! Look what Flat Chuck brought! 


2 yard cuts from MSQC. Mostly neutrals and 4 yds of tossed confetti. Good backing for my ZigZag quilt! 

And, I had my first lunch on the deck yesterday! Yea! Summer!





*********
Prompt June 1, 2023

what is your favorite flavor of ice cream at the moment? who makes it? do you have more than one favorite?

soft serve or dipped? Do you buy it in the huge box or a pint at a time?

Great questions! I'll take them one at a time. 

Favorite flavor ALWAYS is Coffee. Any brand will do. Our locally owned Ice Cream Cafe  has a Coffee Bean flavor available all the time So good, with espresso beans and chocolate chips! In a homemade waffle cone, yes please!
It's made by Dee and Lee and their daughter Andrea.  Side note, I first met Dee and her mom Donna through the quilting community. Donna is 83 and attends our Thursday Stitchers group. 

At home I'll take plain ol' vanilla! I can add anything I want. Chocolate syrup, strawberries, banana slices, chopped nuts,whipped topping............Lately though, regular ice cream is a treat for me. I’m on the WW program. I’ve found that Halo Top Vanilla Bean light is pretty darn good. 1/2 cup is 2 pts. Add bananas ( zero pts) strawberries (0), any fruit(0)! I’m not fond of zero sugar Hershey’s syrup, so I’ll just do fruit! 

Of course, invite me to go to Dairy Queen, I'll accept and have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard or a Dilly Bar. ( I’ll have to eat salad the rest the day, though! )Oh, and we have an A&W combined with a Long John Silvers here. They have medium sized soft serve cones for 99c all summer. (at least they were 99c last summer!) That's a  date night destination. 

We have ice cream in the freezer at all times. Just the store brand, but hopefully Vanilla Bean. If not, then plain old vanilla. For a treat,  a new favorite of Mr Busy's is Kroger's Triple Treat Brownie.   Do you sense a theme........vanilla and chocolate.  Mr Busy will chose Cherry Nut at a specialty ice cream shop and we have visited a few. 

WE JUST LIKE ICE CREAM!

********




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



7 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry, Judy! Every type of ice cream you described sounded delicious. Love the spirea - so pretty - and your haul from MSQCo, too. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we have so many choices now, other than paying those high cable bills! Yes! Your Bridal Veil is lovely! Wow – lots to celebrate this week!
    Beautiful fabrics!
    I’ll have to try coffee flavored ice cream. Thank you for sharing the tip about Halo Top Vanilla Bean! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have finished "This is Us" recently and absolutly loved this serie, and I am wating for the next "Virgen River' season. I also watched "Queen Charlotte - a Bridgerton history".
    The Bridal Veil spirea is sure gorgeous, and your picture makes me remember my grandfather had one on his garden, so lovely.
    Happy Aniversary to you and Mr. Busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Yay for fabric. Ice cream is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it all sounds good to me...
    I keep thinking to order from msqc but haven't. I met Jenny at Houston, of course got a pic of us, and she's so jolly!
    the bridal veil puts on such a show! like a bride, heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to make root beer floats with Halo Top Vanilla Bean and diet root beer! When it’s really hot, that’s my go-to for a thirst-quenching treat!

    ReplyDelete