Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2022

I LIKE Thursday ~. December 1st ~Movies

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Jane!




I'm sharing some likes today at Not Afraid of Color, LeeAnna's blog. 

Today would have been my sister's 74th birthday. I miss her every day. She passed away in Jan. 2021.


One of the last pictures taken of her and me. We were celebrating her "cancer in remission" diagnosis!

On a cheerier note:

Food:

We've been eating pretty good since arriving at our son's house. 
Thanksgiving of course.  This was a new recipe.


https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/cranberry-jalapeno-dip/


Dinner leftovers were made into Turkey Enchiladas and then Turkey Pot Pie another night. When all the turkey was gone, we had Beef and Broccoli with rice. Our son is a good cook and an expert chopper. You may remember the cutting board he made for me. 




He has one too!




Last night, in preparation for snow, we made chili.




I'm still stitching Merry Little Christmas.





And I'm reading The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. 



 


Our son has lots of wood floors and a beautiful orange kitty. That, in addition to a very time consuming work-from-home job, prompted  the purchase of a Shark robotic vacuum. I've named it "Rosie". She vacuums the whole house every morning. 






Of course, the beautiful view continues to awe us. 

 


The I Like prompt from LeeAnna this week was to talk about a favorite Christmas movie! 

My favorite movie is The Polar Express, and I like The Christmas Chronicles and The Christmas Chronicles 2.  Mr, Busy says his favorite is How the  Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. 

Our daughter’s birthday is December 16th. She’s all about anything Christmas. Her very favorite movie is It’s A Wonderful Life.She was hoping to watch some childhood favorites this season, but there is no cable at our house and the streaming service has blocked Frosty and, Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer! That stinks! 

DS likes White Christmas, all The Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen and Scrooge.

We all watched Spirited this year. A very different take on The Christmas Carol!  We enjoyed it!

What can I say, we are a movie watching bunch!



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 






7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of you and your sister. I know you miss her so much. You are really enjoying your stay with your son! It is such a neat place with a beautiful view, and the fact he's a good cook - I'd never leave - lol! Thank you for the link to that recipe - I love anything with cranberries, and I've never tried cranberries with jalapenos. Of course I'll be eating it by myself (can you see my eyes rolling?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! HB to Jane. I can imagine how much you miss your sister as I lost mine right at Thanksgiving several years ago. She treated me like her own child and I always knew she loved me to pieces. I miss her, too! A son who loves to cook and is an excellent chopper sounds like heaven to me. My chopping skills leave a lot to be desired. I know practice makes perfect but I'd rather be sewing, I guess. Enjoy his talents!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, I am sorry about your sister and I love that photo of you two. Nice to see you and you look like my sister as it happens. It sounds like you all had a fabulous thanksgiving. Good eating that's for sure. Good Stitching and Good movies too. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe you and your sister....what a loss for you. I always wonder if close friends contact us from the spirit world, and think they do.
    Great food and love that cutting board. I also love a man who cooks for me, heh heh. Good long list of movies, a couple I've not seen. We love a movie too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Polar Express, how could I forget that one?! I used to play the soundtrack of that one for the 5th graders and they loved "Hot, hot, hot, hot chocolate!" Looks like you're having a great time with your son - definitely a beautiful area to spend some time in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - lots of good likes. That cutting board is cool. I like the Galbraith books. Can't wait for the next one. Ooh - I want to watch Spirited! I loved reading the Polar Express.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d love to have a Rosie one day. What a beautiful place you’re in!

    ReplyDelete