Happy Thursday Morning!
It’s 38 degrees here, -23 back in Wyoming with a -48 wind chill!!!!
From experience, I will tell you that is awesome over vanilla ice cream! I want to try it in coffee, but I usually don’t do late night coffee, so maybe a brunch coffee!
We have been watching:
1923 on Paramount+. The sequel to 1883 and the prequel to Yellowstone. It is very good so far. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren! How could it be bad?
And just the 3 of us are watching ECHO 3 on Apple+. It is intense and dark!
LeeAnna suggested a prompt for this week of traditions. When she mentioned it, I immediately thought, “this family has lots of traditions.” But as I think about it now, so many don’t exist anymore. For as long as I can remember as a child, there was traditional oyster stew and ham for sandwiches on Christmas Eve, followed by sharing of gifts from around the tree. Then Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at our church. When we arrived home, Santa had left special presents under the now empty tree,! Magical!
This Christmas Eve there will be no oyster stew. Instead, a pot of chili will be waiting for us when we come back from attending a Christmas Eve afternoon showing of Avatar. Just Mr Busy, DS and me. The rest of our family is somewhere else. Christmas Morning we will unwrap the gifts that we have. We haven’t talked about a Christmas Day dinner, but I’m all for relaxed and laid back!
I’m sharing with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color


We used to do so many things at Christmas time that we don't do anymore with our extended family, too, Judy! I miss them, but try to find comfort and joy in the little things that we can still do. Sounds like you do the same. Those are beautiful cheese boards, lucky recipients! Enjoy the movie on Christmas Eve - I'm curious to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are not as cold! Your drink looks good - And chocolate... I mean!! its always good!! Have a Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeletegosh I loved this post from start to finish Judy. I'd sure like to try the liquor, avatar looks great, relaxed sounds good.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Holy moly - that is C.O.L.D. back in Wyoming. That's what we expect tomorrow morning. Brrr baby. Wow - those cheese slicing boards are so cool. Beautiful job!! Oyster stew. Wow, that's a flashback memory for me. I used to go with my mom to the fish market to pick up fresh oysters about once a month. I never ate the soup even once . . . but didn't mind going shopping for it. In all my 64 years, I've still never had oyster soup. Did you have the little oyster crackers with it??!! We did. Merry merry Christmas, my friend. Enjoy that gorgeous year, and stay warm and safe. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteWow, that's frigid! The cheese cutting boards are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you aren't braving the weather in Wisconsin! HOLY MOLEY!!! Those cutting boards are wonderful! Good job to hubby and DS! I liked that you shared your traditions, different than ours but it's neat to read everyone's different celebrations of the holiday. Have a wonderful holiday my friend! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm chocolate liqueur over ice cream - now you're talkin'! I miss the traditions we had when I was growing up and when our kids were still home, but it is pretty much just Hubs and me eating and staying cozy now. Your cheese boards are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh my that liqueur over ice cream sounds divine... it was a thing years ago to serve creme de menth over ice cream...you ever hear of that, Judy? Those cheese boards are beauties...kudos to the guys for making them...great gifts. I know present day Christmases are nothing like mine growing up or those with my two girls either.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Judy!!! Glad you can be with family in a warmer area this Christmas. Our candlelight service was cancelled due to the wind chill. But looks like our Christmas Day service is on! Those cheese boards are beautiful! Love hand made gifts!!! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteJudy - I linked to I Like Thursday this week, but I forgot to tell LeeAnna; do come visit if you have time. I understand what you wrote about traditions passing away - when I was young, we always went to Midnight Mass - it is hard to find one these days! Hoping your Christmas was as relaxing as you hoped. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete