Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 29, 2022

I LIKE Thursday ~ New Beginnings!








Last week I talked about this  chocolate liqueur.

 



It’s yummy over ice cream. Vanilla or Caramel Swirl! Also very special in Christmas morning coffee with a dollop of whipped cream! 

We have watched a second episode of 1923. Now all of us are looking at a Dutton Family Tree to figure out how each character is related to the present day Duttons. 




 Christmas Day , we watched a dismal Bronco v Rams football game. We are Bronco fans and it’s been a disappointing season to say the least! We ate from a charcuterie board while watching the game. You may remember, I was all for easy! Then we watched How the Grinch Stole  Christmas 






and finished with Glass  Onion, a Knives Out Mystery ! Very good! 




I received 3 new books for Christmas, so you will hearing about those. 

I also got an electric wine bottle opener,

so we tried it out with this wine 

and a homemade taco pizza! Both yummy!


I’ve baked more cookies in the last 5 weeks than I have in the last year. Here is the latest dozen.

Oatmeal Raisin! 






The current PROMPT  is: Do you want to learn or try something new?  YES! 


Knitting socks.  I am not a novice knitter, but socks are intimidating me. I ripped out my previous start and will start again. I have a private (almost)  tutor,  so there are really no excuses. 

Ready to begin again!



Junk Journal. I have been wanting to start this for some time. Seeing LeeAnna’s Art and also Joy’s creations,( check out one of her posts here) got my juices flowing again. When I am back with my supplies, I am going to dive-in. 
I’ll need, paper, glue, scissors, junk(ephemera), stickers, paint, markers, colored pens, pencils, even lace, buttons, fabric scraps! I got this! Haha! 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!

And , of course….





11 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! What a wonderful, newsy post. I'd say you had a fabulous holiday. I haven't watched Knives Out yet but I think that it will be on my list very soon, along with the newest movie. That chocolate wine sounds delicious and right up my alley. And, to enhance coffee . . . how can one go wrong with that?! Good luck with conquering those socks - you can do it. Happy New Year! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bronco game was like a lump of coal in our Christmas stocking, wasn't it?! Sounds like you had a lovely day in spite of it, though. An electric wine bottle opener - handy! You'll pick up the sock knitting, Judy - keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! we also watched Glass onion and like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me so happy today! So many good things to enjoy! Wishing you a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really enjoyed Glass Onion. Electric wine opener - what a hoot! Good luck with the sock knitting! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy - your the second blogger today to recommend Glass Onion - it's now on the list! Good luck with knitting socks - other than simple scarves, I find all knitting intimidating! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy that cup of coffee sounds marvelous! How did you like the Apothic? I tried it years ago but was underwhelmed, probably because I like zinfandel. ;) Enjoy your electric wine opener - I wore mine out - lol! Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned to knit socks on four needles from a JoAnn Fabrics book, "I Can't believe I'm knitting socks!" now I use two double pointed ones and a book on how to knit two at once. That was too cumbersome but I use their pattern to do one at a time. LOVE doing socks, the only really tricky part is turning the heel with "short rows" Whee! you'll be joining Joy and I and countless others in our love of paint paper and stuff! I plan to do more book binding so I'll sort of be joining you. At least I want to hear the stories and see what all you make. Chocolate liquor.... wine openers, pizza, I want to visit your house
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great things in this post. Love that electric wine opener. I love to knit socks so ask me any questions if you might have. They're easier than you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many awesome things in your post. I have been watching TV with my parents in the evenings, but occasionally I wander off and watch something on my own. I tried watching 1923 but I must have been in a mood because I couldn't handle the scenes I was seeing that night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to make a junk journal this year, too. And see that Onion movie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete