Last Saturday we drove toward Klamath National Forest to cut a Christmas tree. Without too much trekking or trouble, a tree was found. I stayed near the vehicle…I can’t do the uneven terrain , let alone with calf deep snow. I took some photos of the surrounding flora. Oops, looks like a got a couple of tree cutters, too!
Sunday we drove to Etna, CA for brunch! I showed other photos Here, but these were on the highway between Yreka and Etna.
We finished watching The English , on Prime Video and also watched Ticket to Paradise on Peacock. It starred Julia Robert’s and George Clooney. We all enjoyed it!
And I’m getting caught up with New Amsterdam. DS finds it for me on one of the streaming services he has. I don’t watch it at home since we “cut the cable”!
Tomorrow is our daughter’s birthday. We will call and visit with them ( DD and her daughter and grandkids) when they gather to celebrate and decorate the Christmas tree there.
I miss school Christmas programs. When my kids were little, Mr Busy would take them shopping for my gift. They always brought back a LP of Christmas music. Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Barry Manilow, Elvis. It didn’t matter. I don’t have a turntable any more, but I have cassettes and cds. Now, I have old Country Western Christmas music: Dolly Parton, George Strait, Glen Campbell and a mixture of Josh Groban, John Legend, Enya, Ed Sheeran. Several years ago Mannheim Steamroller played at our Events Center. I have several of their CDs too. They play the traditional carols too! Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Away in the Manger, Silent Night!
Today’s Prompt: MUSIC πΆπ΅
Nowadays, I just say, “Alexa, play Christmas Music!” , and let her pick the artists and the songs. I like them all, EXCEPT Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
Wishing you all a good week full of your favorite Christmas music!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!





Looks like the guys found a great tree! Pretty views along your way, too. I used to love my kids' Christmas programs, too - they always put me in the Christmas spirit! There are so many good Christmas CDs out there - I would definitely enjoy your list of singers. But no reindeer for you, Grandma, lol!
ReplyDeletelol... well I don't like grandma got run over anyway! Your selection sounds like a GREAT mix. Lovely to visit CA....
ReplyDeleteI don't have Alexa - but that sounds like a wonderful thing to be able to do! Nice tree. And I like all the snow, too.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! It looks like you had a productive weekend. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteI am joining you from I Like Thursday this week! Nice to meet you! We also cut down our own tree, and it is quite the endeavor when the snow is deep and the tree is tall. I am glad you mentioned that Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer - not a favorite of mine either. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to get to cut a tree from the national forest! Looks like a pretty one too. What adventures you're having! I miss school programs too and have such good memories of the ones we attended as children as well as the ones when our kids were little. PS I don't like that Grandma/reindeer song either. ;)
ReplyDelete