It's Saturday!! And it's windy in Wyoming! Fall is in the air and that means Rainbow Scrap Challenge is coming to a close. A time to finish up the light/bright greens and think about final constructions. I'm linking up with Angela at So Scrappy to share my greens and my other projects. All my ZigZag rows are in a box, ready to be laid out on the floor to get the color layout just right. Then I'll sew them together, find a backing and get it quilted. I have a place for this one, so it shouldn't languish in the UFO pile!
Last week I showed my design board with green squares and light and gray rectangles. This week they became 4- 12.5” blocks for CiL. That's all the gray I could find in my cavern of scraps.
Even my light neutral scraps are getting low. I cut into some fat quarters for a few of these. If you are interested in how these blocks could be arranged, check here. Andy of A Bright Corner calls them Scrap Bin Geese. Her tutorial called for grays on the left ot right, bit Kat from Kat and Cat Quilts, specifically wanted grays all on the same, right hand side.
Other than putting a label n Baby Pop Star, my weekend will be spent cutting more goose parts for Alicia’s Mystery QOV. Only 170 to go! Did you catch that! The special little pumpkin, due the end of October, came early! So now I have her pertinent information and a label is in order.


Awesome blocks for Covered in Love, Judy!!
ReplyDeleteI love your CIL blocks so much I already looked up the pattern and am going to try it this weekend. Looking forward to your zig-zag finish.
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with this piece!!! GORGEOUS!!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a lot of gray either, Judy, but yours look great in these blocks! Happy Birthday to your newest little pumpkin and have fun with those goose parts!
ReplyDeleteI love that block, thanks so much for the link.
ReplyDeletegreat job on the CIL blocks!
ReplyDelete