Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2022

I LIKE Thursday ~ Last of October. Costumes!








Joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color to share some Likes today. And also to talk about favorite costumes.


Love this Purple Cutting Gizmo! I’ve been making a bazillion flying geese. I chain piece 10 at a time, then take to the ironing board cut them apart with the gizmo and press open. Back to the sew machine for the left side! Cut apart and press open! Again and again and again! Thank you, good friend Connie, who gifted me this little goodie! 



This was a Wordle win last week. I should have figured it out before 5!   It's a pretty seasonal word. 



Trick or Treat bags for two special kiddos!  I need to get them filled with treats!



My “Holiday” cactus that thinks it’s a Halloween cactus! Usually they bloom near Thanksgiving or Christmas! 



I have a couple of favorite costumes from family to share.,

A collage:  Top….Miss B as a ballerina,  JoJo is Mario with a  Ghostbusters machine he and his dad made from a trashed vacuum cleaner. Jojo and Miss B a couple of years ago as Dracula and Minny, Trick or Treating in downtown shops.
Bottom three: my youngest granddaughter and her work crew. She’s the pink kitty and her fiancé is the guy in the purple wizard hat!  My two young great nieces who live in Florida. And Mr Busy’s mom dressed as a Glamorous Witch for the party at her retirement center. 


My granddaughter and her partner and their two kids. They live in Phoenix! I don’t know who was in the dinosaur costume!
Maybe it’s not the costumes I love, but the people wearing them! <3

If you need inspiration for a costume this year check out Melissa at Polka Dot Chair's archives





Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!



5 comments:

  1. Your costume photos are great. Love Mr Busy's Mom, she looks so classy. That Gizmo is a nifty thread cutter. What a pretty Christmas cactus. Mine used to bloom early too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on our favorite thing about costumes is the special people in them! Me, too! Your cutting gizmo looks very handy. Glad it can make chain piecing go more quickly. Pretty blooming cactus, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little cutters. Ha - I didn't get mummy until the last chance, either, after 3 lines of not a single hit. My fall cactus is starting to bloom, too. Fun costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the costumes... such pretty relatives you have too. I've used my clover threader with the cutter but want one of those taller purple ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love those photos...happy faces and memories in the making. Meanwhile, my daughter gave me that cutting thingie and I love it. It's gotten so much use, everyone should have one in their sewing room, I think. My tiny cactus has one bloom on it.

    ReplyDelete