Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 22. - October 1. POP STAR BABY!






I'm linking up with Angela at RSC22.  Angela's blog is live and they are reasonably well.  Without power and spotty cell service, I hope she can check back in on those of us who were or are unaffected by the fury of the hurricane. 


First let me say I hope all of you who endured Ian or are enduring  its aftermath are mostly fine. We have extended family in Florida and most have reported that though without power and water they are doing pretty well! I learned years ago, that when worry or grief overtakes you, that sometimes immersing yourself in fabric helps. I’m too far away to help, so I’ll just sew.



I finally have a real finish! This little baby quilt came back from the quilter and the binding is done! I will wait to put a label on until I know this sweet girl’s name, and exact birthday. Some time near the end of October!



And there is some bright green in this one. This POP STAR by Sandra Walker. I selected the fabrics from my stash, it's a bit unorthodox. Yellow, green and pink. But the baby it is intended for is a girl. And the nursery is done in greens. 




Now to cut more light greens for my RSC blocks and continue sewing RWB for the QOV Mystery. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. What fun to wait on the new baby girl to arrive. Yes, it will go perfectly into a green room. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your PopStar is perfect for this expected baby! I think it turned out wonderfully. That floral of the main star is so pretty! Glad to hear your family in Florida are all okay. I hope it doesn't take too long to get the power and water back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect baby girl quilt, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely baby quilt, Judy. Glad to hear your family in Florida are also well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors in the baby quilt. My husband's sister lives in Tampa, and they stayed put. They have a generator and are on land that does not ever flood, but unfortunately she is not a good communicator, so we had to rely on the news to know that they are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how pretty your Pop Star turned out! I agree with Diann that the yellow floral is such a pretty fabric. I love the colour combination, not unorthodox at all imho. I'd love to share this on Instagram with your permission. :-)

    ReplyDelete